Geetech i3 Pro X and getting it to print right

b00g13

Geetech i3 Pro X and getting it to print right

Post by b00g13 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:37 am

Hi all.

To start with, I got this printer second hand and this is my first 3d printer. No previous experience. All I know is what I found on reddit and around internet. Second thing is - I'm waiting for new fan to add cooling to the nozzle and for set of new nozzles as well - cant do anything about that for a while.

When I got this printer it wasnt working at all. Some parts were broken, some were installed incorrectly. It wasnt calibrated at all. I searched for it and found plenty of information. Put it together correctly, fixed what I could fix, calibrated what I could calibrate. Yes, bed could be flatter, but there is nothing I can do about bent plate and if I have to live with 0.1mm differences for now than I have to. Z screws could be straighter I suppose, but to mount new threaded rods I got I have to file existing holes to mount them so for the moment I'm trying to eliminate every other problem, just to see what other problems there are.

There is a limit of how many simultaneous inaccuracies, misalignments and wrong settings can be figured out by a beginner at one time so I find myself in need of some advice.

What I'm linking in here is a gallery of my attempts to configure prusa slicer running in Repetier, and I'm using this combination since it connects easiest and produces best results from all other software/slicer combinations I tried. I really want to keep usb printing so i'd rather not change it to something that is not doing as good a job as this combo does. Gallery linked includes a photo of my cubes with, left to right, progressively slower settings and, from bottom up, progressively hotter nozzle and additional photos of my best result so far, with quickest settings used and 220/70 temperature set.

I am a beginner, I know this is not a perfect print, but I dont know what the problems are and would very much appreciate help in finding it out. Solutions to them are also welcomed.
https://imgur.com/gallery/dTR6tl1

William
Site Admin

Re: Geetech i3 Pro X and getting it to print right

Post by William » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:38 am

Hi, you can try to control the temperature,
It looks a little warped.
You can refer: https://rigid.ink/pages/ultimate-troubl ... -infill-21
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

b00g13

Post by b00g13 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:14 am

I tried to post it few days ago and accidentally posted it now, however few things changed. In a meantime I've added a cooling fan and changed Z screw to a t8-2 threaded rod. Things are improving slightly. :)

b00g13

Post by b00g13 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:43 am

Improvement is massive, I dont know if photos do it justice. Any advice on how to improve it further, or where the problem is are appreciated https://imgur.com/gallery/8vBIBi4

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:17 am

Hi, You can check whether the z-axis fixing plate is stable and tighten it.
Do not print too fast.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

b00g13

Post by b00g13 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:40 pm

Plates are stable, carriages are work in progress, when I get to the point where it prints as goof as it can I'll print new ones, better than previous ones. Atm printing different z ouplers to see if that helps.
https://imgur.com/gallery/wUJ5BZK

At this point my printer story goes like this. Got it and it wasnt working, stripped it in to smaller assemblies and built again discovering that lead screws and couplers were bust. I got it running well enough to print fan mount, got a fan and printed new carriages for to mount on Z screw. A the same time changed screw for t8-2 rods. Mounted all that, it was improvement but one of the smooth guide rods was blocking Z travel. Got rid of that rod. Now i'm printing different z couplers to see if that stabilise Z axis better. After that theres second printing of carraiages and rebuilding. :)