Insufficient extruder speed have big impact to print quality

Jarda3d

Insufficient extruder speed have big impact to print quality

Post by Jarda3d » Wed May 01, 2019 4:44 pm

I was try to print faster (see my print profiles) and there are insufficient in speed of extruder with smooth continuous feed. See volumetric speed.

I was do some measurements.... Springs unloaded or up to compressed near the max...Like that

Code: Select all

G92
G1 E20 F340
So the HQ profile is fully enough for default Titan extruders on A10M. But for High speed profiles is extruder feed too slow. Yes, Titan extruders are 3 times stronger than ordinary, but it is not sufficient to feed plastics with that power.

With near fully tightened spring reliable speeds are not over 80mm/s with 0.3mm x 0.56mm layer (about 120 with fresh new spring tightened, so have little paranoid reserve to spring wearing and plastics material).

There are dual drive extruders with belt (thingiverse, aliexpress), which I want to try it. So if you want to have bigger speeds, then extreuder driver need to be changed. You can have tuned profile, but if extruder is weak, there is that trouble.

So if you look to quality, firstly check if extruder is neough to feed your speed.
A10M Slic3r profile: here and fresh on github (lot of tips here)
A10 Slic3r profile: here
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.

William
Site Admin

Re: Insufficient extruder speed have big impact to print quality

Post by William » Sun May 05, 2019 11:00 am

Thank you for your feedback.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

jumpjack

Post by jumpjack » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:58 pm

I noticed tha, using default optiopns, objects sliced with Cura are printed with much less plastic than the ones sliced with Slic3r. This results in horizontal walls printed with Cura to be very thin and even with holes!
But Slic3r uses even too much plastic, I had to reduce the flow to 80% (even 70% for first layer) to prevent filament drive to slip during printing.

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:15 am

If you have my A10M profiles, there are for 340 E-steps, so you need to set this in your printer before printing.

I was measure, that there should be 451 steps by free flow (430 claims Gee), but I have excessive pressured filament (I have printed lever, Gee lever was broken both after 2 months)). The dynamics of pressured filament and whole mechanism is non linear. so in printing I use flow 1.25..1.29, but it is in some cases too much too - but it is for better bonding (I want to have strong pieces). Other settings are for this 340 E-steps too.
A10M Slic3r profile: here and fresh on github (lot of tips here)
A10 Slic3r profile: here
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.