microwobble

toekiman

microwobble

Post by toekiman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:48 pm

Hi,

I'm having some micro wobble on my prints and i'm not able to get rid of it.
I printed a 20x20x80 part in vase mode to show this
print settings:
speed: 45mm/s (outer wall 22.5mm/s with active cooling)
xy jerk: 15
acceleration: 1000mm/s²
temp: 195°C PLA
Also installed anti wobble brackets

I know that it's rather a minor issue but it would be nice if i could get rid of these lines

Thanks

William
Site Admin

Re: microwobble

Post by William » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:12 pm

Increasing the hotbed temperature is able to have a good performance ,in the meantime,be care of no collision in the process of printing.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Mythandar

Post by Mythandar » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:40 pm

I was able to completely get rid of the z-wobble on my Pro B by replacing the threaded rods with lead screws and using these couplers https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1651349 instead of the ones that come with the printer. I didn't have to use the z-wobble brackets anymore, and actually found that they made it come back for me.

After these modifications, I printed a 3dhubs marvin. My wife was unable to tell me which marvin was printed on my Original Prusa MK2, or my geeetech Pro B. They quality was that good. By this point I've also installed a part cooling fan, that helped a ton with getting good prints.

toekiman

Post by toekiman » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:27 pm

William wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:12 pm
Increasing the hotbed temperature is able to have a good performance ,in the meantime,be care of no collision in the process of printing.
I don't really think that my hotbed has got anything to do with this. And i'm printing pretty slow (50mm/s infill 25mm/s permimeters) with active cooling so i don't think that my nozzle collides with the part but i'll look out for it.
Mythandar wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:40 pm
I was able to completely get rid of the z-wobble on my Pro B by replacing the threaded rods with lead screws and using these couplers https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1651349 instead of the ones that come with the printer. I didn't have to use the z-wobble brackets anymore, and actually found that they made it come back for me.

After these modifications, I printed a 3dhubs marvin. My wife was unable to tell me which marvin was printed on my Original Prusa MK2, or my geeetech Pro B. They quality was that good. By this point I've also installed a part cooling fan, that helped a ton with getting good prints.
I've replaced the rods with straight ones from my local hardware store and the wobble is almost completely gone. The brackets only have to move a few mm now.

I also have leadscrews but they bound together when installed which made my steppers unable to turn. This is probably caused by non straight metal brackets. Those couplers you sent would probably fix this issue but as the slight wobble in the rods can't be translated onto the x axis because of the anti wobble brackets that i'm using right now, i don't really see how this can make any improvement.

oboka

Post by oboka » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:51 pm

Did you find any solution for this?
Thanks

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:10 pm

oboka wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:51 pm
Did you find any solution for this?
Thanks
Try to replace the A4988 to TMC2208
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!