No printing or filament extruded.

PrntNg

No printing or filament extruded.

Post by PrntNg » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:22 am

Have updated my original Prusa i3. By adding a pico extruder A Greg's geared extruder and also a mosfet for the extruder. All calibration for setting, extruder and Heat bed give perfect results even by pid tuning. As have the x, y, z tuning been completed.

Although the printer functions perfectly it does not extrude any filament or print, even though the motor, heater and thermistor of extruder is working perfectly. Same problem even when using the standard reprap prusa hotend as well as the all metal j-head.

Anyone have had this problem or no a fix for this. previously have tried increasing the extruder internal pressure still no change to the problem, with or without the setting of material by mm cubic.

Newopint95

Re: No printing or filament extruded.

Post by Newopint95 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:59 am

when the hot end is up to temp can you push filament through the nozzle by hand. Could your nozzle be blocked.

PrntNg

Post by PrntNg » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:34 pm

No it's completely brand new and it's not blocked. I have used the nozzle throats before. Have unblocked them and were clean before starting the test extrude even by hand. Waited a few minutes, after the nozzle reaching temp, still no extrusion even after waiting 5 minutes. Could it be the material, I had the same problem with some material I already had opened so I opened a freshly sealed pack it also has not resolved the problem, yet this sealed pack was almost a year old could that be the problem.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi,you can try this method by removing a little bit of plastic to drive the filament out. Image
If it still don't work,please send some videos or pictures about it as much detail as possible to help solve it better.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!