first layer printing

tassat01

first layer printing

Post by tassat01 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:41 pm

Hi there,

What causes the nozzle to be too high when printing the perimeter.
Ive leveled the bed and when the printer starts it seems sometimes its too far away from the bed.

Any ideas

Peter

William
Site Admin

Re: first layer printing

Post by William » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:29 pm

tassat01 wrote:Hi there,

What causes the nozzle to be too high when printing the perimeter.
Ive leveled the bed and when the printer starts it seems sometimes its too far away from the bed.

Any ideas

Peter
Hi,
It seems like you may not level it well enough.So,try to level it again and make sure the room is the thickness of a A4 paper.You can refer to the following words:
1.Set Z axis to initial position
2.After unlocking the motor, manually move X axis and Y axis, and move the extruder to four corners of the heat bed in turn. Because of former rough adjustment, the extruder head is very close to the heat bed.
3.Put a piece of flat A4 paper in the inter space between extruder head and heat bed, then drag the paper to test if there is a slight resistance. If there is, it means the extruder head is already at the right position. If not, you need adjust the screw of this corner of the heat bed to slightly raise or lower the heat bed.
Good Luck
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

tassat01

Re: first layer printing

Post by tassat01 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:32 pm

thanks again

ill double check again to be sure its level. Im sure i did check and found that the head was about 1mm away from the print bed

thanks

Peter