Y-Axis Layer Shifting

Malaka

Y-Axis Layer Shifting

Post by Malaka » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:56 pm

I'm not sure exactly why I may be having this issue. I currently have the Prusa i3 M201 but I replaced the M201 hotend with a MK8 extruder setup. Running latest 1.0.5 firmware. I've always had the layer shift only in the Y-Axis with both setup. I did have a layer shift issue with the X-axis but this only occurs if I move my print speed to 300% or if I tighten the belt too much, otherwise this is never an issue. I've looked around and I narrowed it down to a couple of possibilities, I will list below and my idea on fix/check. Please let me know if anyone had a similar issue and what might have fixed it for yours.

Stepper Driver Faulty
I can try replacing driver with the one for extruder1 since it is no longer being used.

Stepper Driver Overheat
I don't think this is the issue, I have a dedicated desk fan cooling the entire board, I place my finger on the driver's heatsink and it is cool to the touch.

Stepper Driver Current
I'm afraid of sticking a voltmeter on the circuit board, but if I have to adjust the current, I will be willing.

Belt Pulley Bearing
The bearing is crap, I can feel it being weird but the belt moves smoothly by hand when motor is disabled.

Bed Smooth Rods
They were recently replaces and it seems smooth, I lubricate it often and it moves freely by hand.

Slicer Software
I've read the splicer software can sometimes cause an issue, I am using latest of Splicer and Repetier. Maybe I can try Cura.

Print Speed
My speed is at max 35mm/s and movement is at 50mm/s

Mark

Re: Y-Axis Layer Shifting

Post by Mark » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:05 pm

Check the driver voltage, too low or too high will cause this problem, check out this link to adjust it:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 17&t=17038

syossi2

Re: Y-Axis Layer Shifting

Post by syossi2 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:07 pm

hi
i have the same problem
but when i change the vols of all the steeper motor to 1.0v and drop the speed to max 35-40 its work fine

true...its slow, bit works
printing 3D with M201 Geeetech