Geeetech Reprap Prusa I3 Pro B 3D Printer MK8 Issues

beergut4life

Geeetech Reprap Prusa I3 Pro B 3D Printer MK8 Issues

Post by beergut4life » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:01 am

Hiya I recently purchased a Geeetech 3d printer & although it was a nightmare finding the correct manual for it. I did find one & built the printer but i had issues from the start All the smooth rods are bent, along with the threaded rods. To be honest the threaded rods are not that big a deal as i can easily source them. Also had issues with the x axis going the wrong way but easily fixed that with arduino. But the real pain is the heated bed doesn't work, the thermistor works as it shows the temperature but the bed doesn't heat up. It's either the motherboard or the bed thats faulty. It is a great item for the money but the faults do seem to let it down Hope to get this issue sorted as soon as possible.
Many thanks
John

bang

Re: Geeetech Reprap Prusa I3 Pro B 3D Printer MK8 Issues

Post by bang » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:56 am

Hi,John
Check this post:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17039
Maybe you can attach some pictures.

bang

Post by bang » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:02 pm

Additionally,make sure you have the heating cable of heatbed correctly connected to the connector.
You can attach a picture of your wiring if possible.

beergut4life

Post by beergut4life » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:48 am

Hiya thanks for the response. Photos will be hard as i broke my phone whilst using it as a torch to build the printer I dropped it & waiting on a new screen to arrive. But i've tried switching the hot end with the heat bed connections & the heat bed works so it must be an issue with the board also the led for the heat bed connection doesn't light up. I can't do the multimeter check as i don't have a multi meter & to be honest would have no idea or understand the readings.