MeCreator2 Heatbed uneven?

garolish

MeCreator2 Heatbed uneven?

Post by garolish » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi,

a few days ago my MeCreator2 arrived. I have a problem with the heatbed balancing. First I thought i did something wrong while calibrating it (I read online that it can take a while to get it right with just 3 screws to adjust the bed position).

Then I noticed that the outer Edges of the bed have less distance to the printing head than the center. If i slide a piece of paper under the extruder nozzle when it is positioned at the center of the bed, there is considerable less friction you can feel when compared to the corners of the heatbed. Right now i am able to print in the center, but I am afraid that things will mess up if i do larger prints that use more of the surface area of the bed. Is that normal? If it isn't and i have to replace it, where can i get a new heatbed and which one should i get?

bang

Re: MeCreator2 Heatbed uneven?

Post by bang » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:40 am

Maybe you can contact the seller to talk about it...

Praeceptor

Post by Praeceptor » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:24 pm

Hello,

I had the same problem with my first MeCreator 2. The heatbed was uneven and got worse when heated. There was about 0,6mm differences and printing was not possible.

The seller did not have heatbed as separate part so the only option was to replace the whole printer. Now the current heatbed is better, but it still is not as straight I'd hope it would be. It has about 0,2mm difference.

Aluminium is good for spreading heat, but bad for staying straight and thermal expansion. RepRap ALU heatbed MK3 has much better design where the aluminium pad heating is much more even and does not cause so much bending.

MadScientist

Post by MadScientist » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:43 am

I had same problem too. Removed aluminium part, coarse straightened it by hands and then put it back with 3mm glass on top of the aluminium plate. Of course this is not acceptable, but understand the price tag and origin...

Moriis

Post by Moriis » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:07 am

@MadScientist

I have the same Problem and today i buy a glass-plate in 180x180x3mm
Please, can you tell me, what i must do, that i can print with the glass plate?

Here is my Question: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19286

Tank You, Matthias