build problem for I3 M201

coby

Re: build problem for I3 M201

Post by coby » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:17 am

other than the web, can I have an email address I can get help for my missing parts.

Toy
Site Admin

Post by Toy » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:22 am

You can contact the sales through sales@geeetech.com
and the technic through technical@geeetech.com

coby

Post by coby » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:45 pm

After a month waiting, I finally got the missing connectors for the extruder.

Now here comes the fun part. The x-axis rod I replaced with steel rod from homedepot is still too big. The x-movement is not smooth. My question is, what is the correct diameter for the x-axis rods.

Second problem is the z-axis stop. The screw can be easily moved by the vibration. What is the best way to secure the screw.

Third problem is the bed. What is the best way to keep it level. When the bed is heated, all the careful leveling at the start of the print job is wasted when the heating is turned on.

Fourth problem, the fan of the hotend does not turn on. There is 24 volts to the fan but the blades are not turning. is there a setting I need to change. I'm using the normal configuration for M201 which I download from geeetech site. http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/images/4/4 ... config.zip

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:38 pm

coby wrote:After a month waiting, I finally got the missing connectors for the extruder.

Now here comes the fun part. The x-axis rod I replaced with steel rod from homedepot is still too big. The x-movement is not smooth. My question is, what is the correct diameter for the x-axis rods.

Second problem is the z-axis stop. The screw can be easily moved by the vibration. What is the best way to secure the screw.

Third problem is the bed. What is the best way to keep it level. When the bed is heated, all the careful leveling at the start of the print job is wasted when the heating is turned on.

Fourth problem, the fan of the hotend does not turn on. There is 24 volts to the fan but the blades are not turning. is there a setting I need to change. I'm using the normal configuration for M201 which I download from geeetech site. http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/images/4/4 ... config.zip
1.Here is sizes related to rods:
1.png
1.png (46.86 KiB) Viewed 10738 times
2.About this,you can make reference to your screw of your X-axis or Y-axis.
3.You need do leveling for nozzle and four corners of the heat bed. Next is one of the leveling methods:
Rough adjustment
There is a Z axis endstop trigger (M3*50 screw) on the left end of X axis. Tightness of the spring determines the reset position of the Z axis. Through adjusting M3*50 screw, try to make the reset position of Z axis the same with the position where the extruder head exactly stops on the heat bed.
Fine adjustment of the relative location between extruder head and heat bed
a.Set Z axis to initial position
b.After unlocking the motor, manually move X axis and Y axis, and move the extruder to four corners of the heat bed in turn. Because of former rough adjustment, the extruder head is very close to the heat bed.
c.Put a piece of flat A4 paper in the inter space between extruder head and heat bed, then drag the paper to test if there is a slight resistance. If there is, it means the extruder head is already at the right position. If not, you need adjust the screw of this corner of the heat bed to slightly raise or lower the heat bed.
d.Move the extruder head to other three corners, and adjust their corresponding screws.
4.You can try to plug your fan connector into another fan input on the motherboard.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Kimbleos

Post by Kimbleos » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:34 am

When you change the direction of the X, save it to memory and the setting will stay.

coby

Post by coby » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:12 pm

Hello,

While trying to resolve the build issue. I found out the fan to the hotend was at wrong voltage.the fan was for 12V but the supply voltage is 24V. Now my hotend and fan are destroyed. I'm trying to order the correct hotend and the fan, can some one post a link to the correct parts I needed.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:29 pm

@coby
Actually,the rated voltage for the fan is 12V indeed,while the rated voltage for the hotend on M201 is 24V.
Maybe you can contact the sales(sales@geeetech.com) for more details about it.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!