build problem for I3 M201

coby

build problem for I3 M201

Post by coby » Sat May 28, 2016 2:51 am

Hello,

I purchased the I3 M201 printer, I encountered the following problems while building the printer"

problem 1, the diameter of part #2 L470mm smooth rod is too big to fit into the holes of parts # M1 & M2

problem 2, I did not find part #58 Thermo-metry & heating wire. I did find wiring with a socket that has 2 red 2 blue and 2 black. that can fit into #59 (heatbed). the socket can only go into the heatbed one way only. But here is the problem, the instruction printed on the heatbed says pins 1 &2 should be + red, 3&4 should be blue 5&6 should be -black. The socket pin are reversed. now 1 &2 wire color are black and 5&6 are red. Do I need to follow the instruction on the heatbed? or the polarity is not critical.

Problem #3, step 21 (page 51) x belt driving wheel: Part #42 (holder) is too big to fit into the slot of part # M2. I have to file it down to fit in the slot.

Problem #4, Missing the brass fitting for part #60 extruder, In the video and in the pdf (page 59), the brass fitting are clearly shown
extruder expected.PNG
extruder shown in build instruction
extruder expected.PNG (43.29 KiB) Viewed 13807 times
. I don't find any brass fitting in the package.

Problem #5, when mouting the extruder, there is a screw that tight the Z top mount (part #A8) to the frame obstruct mounting the extruder to the frame. I have to remove the screws.

Problem #6, mounting psu. In the instruction video, the red wires are connected to slots. 2 & 3. In the pdf (page #67), the red are connected to slots #1 & 2. which version is correct?

Toy
Site Admin

Re: build problem for I3 M201

Post by Toy » Sat May 28, 2016 10:04 am

1.You need to file it to fit the hole.
2.The part Thermo-metry & heating wire is the wire with 2 red 2 blue and 2 black, there's no there is no “+” and “-“polarity for heating wires, so you dont have to follow the painting instruction.
3. The design for the kit is compact to make the printer more stable, sometimes you need take effort to asesmble it.
4. For the missing part, you can contact the sales.
5. The screw doesn't have to be installed.
6. You need to connect the red wires to "+V", the location of "+V" may be different because of the different PSU.

coby

Post by coby » Sun May 29, 2016 4:33 am

thanks for the reply. I enlarged the holes, but the rod diameter is still too big, they create a lot of friction for the hotend (extruder carriage). I replaced them with 5/16" steel rods, that solve the friction problem. however, another problem popped up and need your help.

when I hit auto home, the hotend will travels to far right and don't know how to stop. would you please help to resolve this issue.

also, I sent a request to sales for the brass fitting. Just in case they don't respond, where should I order it myself. I don't see a listing on geeetech web site. a link to ebay or other purchasing sites would be greatly appreciated.

YT

coby

Post by coby » Sun May 29, 2016 2:55 pm

Hello,

I solved the hotend running to far end issue by following the instruction on page 41 of Quick starter manual. That said, another problem popped up, It seems the printer setting can change by the printer.eg the motor direction (especially the x direction). Why? is there a way preventing the printer changing the printer setting.

Toy
Site Admin

Post by Toy » Mon May 30, 2016 9:28 am

It was Sunday yesterday, the sellers were off duty, you can contact them on weekdays.
The printer setting can be changed both by LCD or repetier-host on PC, check your user manual to use them.

coby

Post by coby » Mon May 30, 2016 12:54 pm

thanks for the reply. I read the manual and know how to correct the direction issue. However, I just need to know how to prevent the printer from changing the motor direction.

Toy
Site Admin

Post by Toy » Tue May 31, 2016 10:17 am

I'm not sure what do you mean by "prevent the printer from changing the motor direction", but if you don't change the printer settings in LCD, the motor direction won't be changed.

coby

Post by coby » Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

I have no idea why the printer setting changed without my input. I changed it using the knock next to LCD panel. It worked correctly until I turned the printer off. When I turned the printer on again, the x-direction was wrong again. what changed it, I have no idea and I need to find out why so that I don't have to mess with it. Thanks. YT

Toy
Site Admin

Post by Toy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:27 am

I'm afraid you have to change the firmware, check the post:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 17&t=17037

coby

Post by coby » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:57 am

Iwill wait for my brass fitting installed and got at least one model printed before I mess with the firmware.

Regarding the missing brass fitting, I contacted sales and technical support (thru the web site), so far no response, Is there a direct email I can contact them. I have the part ID that I got from geeetech FB.

According to the FB, I need http://www.geeetech.com/pneumatic-strai ... p-642.html.