prusa I3 X - common issues - diagnostics and calibration

William
Site Admin

Re: prusa I3 X - common issues - diagnostics and calibration

Post by William » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:24 am

Orianpax wrote:I have an issue when the unit is powered on the heat bed will climb in temperature and will not stop, and if I switch wires then the nozzle when not stop heating up what is wrong???
Hey,buddy!What the following link shows may help you:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19&t=17039
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=17117
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

roderj

Post by roderj » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:46 am

Hello
I have built my Prusa i3 x no diffculty. However the contol panel states "No SD Card" what does this mean and should I have one. I am using Windows 7 and think I have down loaded the drivers for FT232RUSBUART. But I cannot get my computer to talk to the printer any ideas please.JR

Stoned_Stew

Post by Stoned_Stew » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:01 pm

infomats wrote:I have just bought and assembled the printer, but it is not printing properly, it prints but filament is not coming out properly and it becomes a mess , it is just melting the filament and just waisting it, pla help to make it print as i have cleaned the nozzel as well but no luck.
Old post I know but may help someone else....
I had this issue with the undamaged factory nozzle straight out of the box...

To fix:
Take the factory nozzle off.
Throw it in the bin.
Buy a new 0.4mm one.
Even a cheap 99p ebay one is an upgrade and worked like a charm to get you started.

The original nozzle looked like it was made by a badly trained monkey!
The 0.35mm hole was only 0.2mm was drilled at an angle off centre and had swarf blocking it!

Dppp

Post by Dppp » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:25 pm

I have some problems with printing. So when I start to print with repetier host, it will first heat bed and after that extruder. But just before extruder reaches temperature, repetier host is giving error: "Printer stopped due to errors. Fix error and use M999 to restart (Temperature reset. Set it before restarting)". Everyting worked ok and suddenly this came up.

Edit: printer is Geeetech Prusa i3 Pro B

Any idea what is causing this? :P

bigchoppers

Post by bigchoppers » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:10 am

I am having an issue with my layers not adhering with each other. The print head moves up .7 mm or more when it goes to start the next layer so it is just strings laying on top. I have trouble shot all the rest of the problems with it but this one has not been simple and have been working on it for 3 days now.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:25 am

1. You have to confirm the firmware is right. And you can find the firmware in this web.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17046
And we suggest you use the Arduino IDE 1.0.1 to upload.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftw ... ases#1.0.x
And you can refer to this below post to learn how to upload the firmware for GT2560.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=16318
2. The slice settings of layer high should be small. Maybe the layer high is 0.7mm so that the nozzle lifts 0.7mm.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

3dsense

Post by 3dsense » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:10 am

I have had this printer since 2015, and I can tell you with confidence that purchasing it was a hugeeee mistake. The number of hours I've spent calibrating/fixing/upgrading this printer has far exceeded the number of hours I've actually printed using it. First, it was the unstable frame, then it was leveling the bed, which finally led to me upgrading to auto levelling. Mounting and installing the sensor was another mission on its own. Oh, and let's not forget the cheap parts that would not fit one another.

Stay away from it and just buy the actual prusa i3. Trust me, the few hundreds of $$ you save is NOT worth the frustration.

Codetive

Post by Codetive » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:35 pm

3dsense wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:10 am
I have had this printer since 2015, and I can tell you with confidence that purchasing it was a hugeeee mistake. The number of hours I've spent calibrating/fixing/upgrading this printer has far exceeded the number of hours I've actually printed using it. First, it was the unstable frame, then it was leveling the bed, which finally led to me upgrading to auto levelling. Mounting and installing the sensor was another mission on its own. Oh, and let's not forget the cheap parts that would not fit one another.

Stay away from it and just buy the actual prusa i3. Trust me, the few hundreds of $$ you save is NOT worth the frustration.
I agree. Now after few years I just have to say it was a waste of almost 300 euros. Won't be bying Geeetech anymore.

gajala

Post by gajala » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:57 pm

I have recently purchased and collected the printer, however, it isn't printing appropriately, it prints yet the fiber isn't coming out appropriately and it turns into a wreck, it is simply softening the fiber and simply waisting it, pla help to make it print as I have cleaned the spout also yet no karma.

barodius64

Post by barodius64 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:23 pm

What can help you is this article about cloud backup solutions for small business. It covers a lot of the much needed information about cybersecurity and I think that you'll find it useful.