Hotbed too hot.

FugBucker

Hotbed too hot.

Post by FugBucker » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:00 am

Hi, printer has been working well for the last week. But now the Hotbed keeps overheating. It keeps climbing until it gets to 150 and then the error msg saying max temp. Even in manual mode with the Hotbed temp turned off it still heats up. I'm guessing it's the thermistor not cutting in. Is there a way I can test it...?

zhangxueyou

Re: Hotbed too hot.

Post by zhangxueyou » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:21 pm

Please unplug the wire of hotbed thermistor, and test the resistance of hotbed thermistor with multimeter under normal temperature.

abulafi

Post by abulafi » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:12 pm

Hi, printer has been working well for the last week. But now the Hotbed keeps overheating. It keeps climbing until it gets to 150 and then the error msg saying max temp. Even in manual mode with the Hotbed temp turned off it still heats up. I'm guessing it's the thermistor not cutting in. Is there a way I can test it...?
I don't think it is related to the thermistor (since the controller is reading the temperature right and displaying it on the screen). The same happened to me and it was related to the heat bed MOSFET, it became dead short.
Check the MOSFET with a multimeter while the printer is off after disconnecting the heat bed wires, if the pins are short then yep, you need to replace it.

FugBucker

Post by FugBucker » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:35 am

Hovering between 136 - 137...