Ramps problem...

FugBucker

Ramps problem...

Post by FugBucker » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:26 am

Hi,
Thanks for the firmware which I installed but I still have problems. All axis moved after installation although Y was going the wrong direction in manual mode. The bed heater came on as soon as power was applied and went off around 82 degrees with setting at 95. Extruder heater does nothing. Switches in Repetier do not effect the heaters. The two yellow square components near the power-in connectors get very hot. The fan is working well but the connector from the LCD blocks much of the air getting to the board. I notice on other boards you recommend placing the power connector near the fan, this is not possible with this set up because the USB connector will be hidden.

Anyway after several hours of reloading firmware and trying different things there was a small flash from one of the square yellow components and the Ramps died. (RIP). The yellow components were too hot to touch. I left it for an hour and tried it again but all that happens is the red led comes on for a second and it dies. The Mega board seems okay as the blue light stays on when USB is connected.

This has all been too hard and wasted a lot of my time. I purchased through AliExpress order no 66360790061183.

zhangxueyou

Re: Ramps problem...

Post by zhangxueyou » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:05 pm

1.Please tell me which one of yellow square module is hot.
2.If you have a multimeter, please test the resistance of hotbed. Before you test, please disconnect the hotbed.

FugBucker

Post by FugBucker » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:49 am

Hi, I purchased a new Ramps 1.4 and put a big fan over it. All seems to be working so far except the extruder hotend. This did not work with the other Ranps board either. When I turn on the extruder heater in Repetier the output contacts on the board show over 14v. So it maybe a faulty hotend or a bad wire connection. I take it there is no polarity with this connection. The hotbed works as it is supposed to now.

Can you tell me where home is for the Y axis ? Mine goes to the front left corner.

FugBucker

Post by FugBucker » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:40 pm

Well after days and days of building and re-building I maybe near to getting this printer working. I replaced the Ramps 1.4 board which solved most of my problems (I hope). Then after running continuity tests through the extruder It turned out to be a bad connection to the extruder. I managed to open the crimp up and connect the wire. I didn't think soldering would do any good there. Tested it and at last I have an extruder that heats up. Just have to assemble it all once again hopefully for the last time.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:01 pm

FugBucker wrote:Hi, I purchased a new Ramps 1.4 and put a big fan over it. All seems to be working so far except the extruder hotend. This did not work with the other Ranps board either. When I turn on the extruder heater in Repetier the output contacts on the board show over 14v. So it maybe a faulty hotend or a bad wire connection. I take it there is no polarity with this connection. The hotbed works as it is supposed to now.

Can you tell me where home is for the Y axis ? Mine goes to the front left corner.
Home for y axis is at y endstop's position.

midiman310

Post by midiman310 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:39 pm

Had the same problem as you, but mine stayed at 12v with the hot end not heating. Ohmed out the 2 wires and found resistance to be ~4Mohms! took off the kapton tape and traced it to a bad crimp on one of the wires. During manufacturing, the crimp tool probably nicked the wire. Then when you go to crimp it, ends up breaking the wire. Had to open the crimp back up and strip a new end and re-crimmped. Since the hot end was open, I re-centered the thermistor dead center to the hot end block, then wrapped the wires back up with fresh kapton tape. All is perfect now, heat regulation tracks and is spot on. Here's a picture of the offending hot end.
crimp.jpg
Bad Crimp
crimp.jpg (59.35 KiB) Viewed 13550 times

Aliraza9

Post by Aliraza9 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:15 pm

I have re-fixed the extruder wires to D10 thank you. Will it also take care of the smoking issue from the board????
Cut down your exam stress by using our latest http://e-six-sigma.org/ exam and high quality callutheran.edu and testkingmcdst demos. We provide updated keiseruniversity questions.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:21 pm

Aliraza9 wrote:I have re-fixed the extruder wires to D10 thank you. Will it also take care of the smoking issue from the board????
I think you'd better use a fan to cool mainboard down. Which part smokes? Please take a picture and highlight it.

FugBucker

Post by FugBucker » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:44 pm

Finally got mine actually printing. Had one more issue with a 'Z' axis extension cable with a bad connector. It was only making partial contact causing that motor to not keep up with the other. It's good to have cheap prices but the QC suffers.... Had some photos to post but they would not fit in the size restrictions. Will redo them later...

FugBucker

Post by FugBucker » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:15 pm

After sorting all the QC issues it's working quite well now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCZZVHdICn4#t=114