Sanguinololu 1.3a Head bed

animetown9

Sanguinololu 1.3a Head bed

Post by animetown9 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:55 am

Hi

Quick questions. Sanguinololu 1.3a Mosfet for the heatbed..... can it handle the Amp.
My board is dead, so I can not test it out.

Does anyone here use Sanguinololu 1.3a with the heated bed and is it OK

Thank

ladlasheikh

Re: Sanguinololu 1.3a Head bed

Post by ladlasheikh » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:25 pm

with the heated bed and is it ?
Try out our free learnalanguage - learn danish and latest comptia http://learnalanguage.com training courses to get high flying success in final and learn english online exams

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:33 pm

Is the wiring correct?

animetown9

Post by animetown9 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Sanguinololu 1.3a with Head bed MK2.

My board is dead out of the box so can't really try it.
But I read from the internet that the Mosfet on sanguinololu 1.3a get very hot with heat bed.
People change with mosfet IRFZ44 on the board to reduce the heat.

Did any one try this or confirm with this.

Regards

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Please check if the 12V and 5V power supplies on board are normal. If normal, that is not mosfet's problem.

Kdixon78

Post by Kdixon78 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:53 pm

Im having issues with this. After a month or so of perfect printing my heat bed sky rocketed way higher then I had it set and the mosfet actually caught fire burning the board. I ordered another sanguinololu 1.3a board from you guys. After installation and burning of your firmware, I switched the power on and the heat bed temp starts climbing and the mosfet starts heating to the point that the heat sink I installed on it just melts off. So whats going on now? Did the heat bed go bad or something. Im at a loss.

Kdixon78

Post by Kdixon78 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:17 pm

Im having issues with this. After a month or so of perfect printing my heat bed sky rocketed way higher then I had it set and the mosfet actually caught fire burning the board. I ordered another sanguinololu 1.3a board from you guys. After installation and burning of your firmware, I switched the power on and the heat bed temp starts climbing and the mosfet starts heating to the point that the heat sink I installed on it just melts off. So whats going on now? Did the heat bed go bad or something. Im at a loss.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Thu May 14, 2015 9:12 am

Kdixon78 wrote:Im having issues with this. After a month or so of perfect printing my heat bed sky rocketed way higher then I had it set and the mosfet actually caught fire burning the board. I ordered another sanguinololu 1.3a board from you guys. After installation and burning of your firmware, I switched the power on and the heat bed temp starts climbing and the mosfet starts heating to the point that the heat sink I installed on it just melts off. So whats going on now? Did the heat bed go bad or something. Im at a loss.
You need to keep the MOSFET cooled down, namely, the blue part should be near to the cooling fan.

Kdixon78

Post by Kdixon78 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:46 am

Ok, well first off, the blue part is right next to the fan. Second, this happens as soon as I turn the printer on. I haven't told the printer to heat the bed yet through the lcd or my computer, it is just heating itself. Second the mosfet gets so hot so fast that it has started to smoke and I promptly turned it off so that I don't completly burn up another sanguinololu board.

I also have a second problem. With the heat bed disconnected so that I don't fry another board, the x,y,z axis all move perfectly. But the Extruder Motor does not. It sound jittery and seems to just rotate a click back and forth, not really spinning in either direction.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Thu May 14, 2015 10:53 am

1. Is somewhere of the 2 heating wires touched?
2. Firstly, please plugged x or y motor driver to extruder driver slot, check if the extruder still sounds jittery, and move forth and back.
It it still happen the same thing, please check if extruder motor can move without filament. If it can move, you can rotate the screw on the top of extruder clockwise, that screw is across the spring. Keep rotating until the extruder can feed the filament.