no display just bleeb every time the pot is pressed

PrntNg

no display just bleeb every time the pot is pressed

Post by PrntNg » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:01 am

Have purchased a new GT2560A+ board have loaded the same firmware to it as the previous one. yet does not show anything on the screen the screen does not even light up, makes a very low bleep sound every time the potentiometer control is pressed.

The GT2560 works ok with the lcd screen.

does the GT2560 need to be given wake commands or something as it is a new board?

Newopint95

Re: no display just bleeb every time the pot is pressed

Post by Newopint95 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:12 pm

Are you sure the ribben cables for the display and the SD card are in the correct spots? If they are switched the display won't function but you can still get a beep from the dial when pressed.

PrntNg

Post by PrntNg » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:03 am

Sorted the problem. After working through all other problems, to make sure not to burn any electronics. It turns out the GT2560A+ board was the same as the GT2560A board. the problem was the LCD and SD card connectors on the board were installed back to front. Chose not to simply do that first as did not know if the same problem as some stepper motors are connected differently and would mean that they were connected correctly. but turns out they were not. the notch is mean to be facing away from the thermistors same as the previous board.

Newopint95

Post by Newopint95 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:31 am

I'm glad you were able to sort things out! Best of luck printing.

CathodeRay

Post by CathodeRay » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:32 am

this post is probably long closed but thank you for pointing out the obvious now I think about it.
I installed an updated gt2560 board with the mega2560 chip.
Display did not work
Blew firmware messed about still no go.
Seemed a complete mystery as the original worked fine.
There was no backlight and using repetier I could control the board ok but could not see the sd card files
Something must be wrong!!!
Yes you have guessed it...the original Chinese clone had the sockets on the board fitted the other way round
The index on the plug was therefore wrong. Need to fit two new idc plugs.....ebay here we come.
Lets hope the display survived....and the board.