Control board dead

HPJ

Control board dead

Post by HPJ » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:50 pm

We have assembled our 3d printer and on first start up the display does not work – there is no backlight or any other display on it. By pressing the dial button there is some activity on the display. All the connections on the motherboard are correct according to the instructions. However we did find some bridges at the back of the LCD soldering.

We did remove the bridges carefully but still there is no display coming up. We did swap the wiring for the LCD and SD card over – but still no improvement. WE looked on the internet but there is no troubleshooting for this problem.

I have checked the board and voltage from the fuse to the ground only reads 7 volts. I have tested the fuses and they test fine, it appears there are a voltage drop between the then fuses and the earth(ground) in the board itself. All other tests, test fine. Is it safe to say the board itself is at fault?

DEAD ON ARRIVAL - Not acceptable

Please advise

bang

Re: Control board dead

Post by bang » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:25 am

Check this to verify it:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18061

HPJ

Post by HPJ » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi

I have done all these checks on a previous occasion as mentioned in my post. Measuring the fuse only gives 7V - according to the test, But if you measure it to the ground to the back of the board it measures 12V. To me it indicates that the board is faulty.

This is now going on way to long - I have mentioned these problems - seems we running in circles. Please resolve this within the next 24 hours or please fully refund me as this is a brand new product - dead on arrival - not happy. This issue has being going on since the 4th of this month?

Please resolve this issue ASAP.

Kind regards

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Did you contact your seller to talk about it?
Could you please attach some pictures about your test?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

PrntNg

Post by PrntNg » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:25 pm

This is a similar problem to mine the lcd does not display anything and when the pot is pressed it makes a slight beep sound.
Firstly if you have managed to compile the software as by the instruction from the provider, have got all the configurations correct in the config file. Have you connected the steppers the correct way. Have you got the right amount of electricity output from the supply.

Then check the leads of lcd and sd card although in the correct connector the connector on the pcb might be wrong way around, that is what my problem was.

I resolved the

softestbear

Post by softestbear » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:28 am

Thanks @PrintNg. I had the same problem on a new machine - had no idea the connections on the board would be installed the wrong way round. You just fixed it for me.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:16 am

softestbear wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:28 am
Thanks @PrintNg. I had the same problem on a new machine - had no idea the connections on the board would be installed the wrong way round. You just fixed it for me.
Have you tried to upload the correct firmware?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!