Terrible sound coming from left Z motor

jumpjack

Terrible sound coming from left Z motor

Post by jumpjack » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:37 pm

I don't know if the 2 things are related, but since I switched from Cura to Slic3r, my printer started making a terrible noise right before starting printing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2V9b6LuQ5A

If you look colsely, you can see the motor slightly turning clockwise. It LOOKS like if it's stuck, but actually it is not: after making this noise, print starts normally, the nozzle goes up 10 mm without any noise, than it's moved to the center of the plate, printing starts, and completes successfully.

So, why that terrible noise at the beginning? Never heard it before when using Cura.

In both cases I was printing from SD Card.

Now I connected the printer to PC via USB, and also using Slic3r the print starts fine, without any noise.

Really weird.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Terrible sound coming from left Z motor

Post by _kaktus_ » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:45 pm

Hello.
:mrgreen:

Have you tried to replace the stepstick module with another for the test?
What current value did you set?
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

jumpjack

Post by jumpjack » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:23 pm

_kaktus_ wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:45 pm
Hello.
:mrgreen:

Have you tried to replace the stepstick module with another for the test?
What current value did you set?
I did not set anything, I just mounted it. I'll try swapping... but I do not understand the correlationto SW change (Cura/Slic3r)

strobelamy

Post by strobelamy » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:12 am

This is my first visit to this website and I am enjoying here a lot. Thank you so much for sharing the sweet shout-out. I am very much excited to check out the sites you listed that I haven’t visited before. I know I am too late to this blog but still want to make a comment on it. I have gone through with too many blog sites till now but I didn’t addict to any of them. Most of them are related to beauty, recipes, technology etc. But this is something I feel unique from other sites. You are in a good direction.

Blanche56

Post by Blanche56 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:38 pm

We should not make it a big deal when you are in a competitions of learning to make out a perfect deal with your grades so in that case you can join up essay review website online where you will be meeting up your great future peoples to make a better life style for sure.

JuliS

Post by JuliS » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:55 pm

Hello. If you are interested in cosmetology, I want to draw your attention to the https://beautyacademy.nyc/. In this school, there is an opportunity to learn new techniques when working with laser equipment, see and try the latest facial skin care products.