Geeetech Prusa I3 Pro B - Calibration

Andy_Thompson

Geeetech Prusa I3 Pro B - Calibration

Post by Andy_Thompson » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi,

Let me start by saying I'm getting a bit frustrated, I am attempting to calibrate my printer and for the life of me I haven't got a clue whats going on. I've followed the instructions provided by Geeetech and the calibration isn't happening, I've got to this point and I'm ready to just jump out of the window and call it quits.

"4.1 Use Repetier Host to Test
4.1.1 Motor Direction Test

Before the test, manually set the motors of X / Y / Z axis at the intermediate position of each axis to avoid accidental collision occurring during the test. There is emergency stop button at the top right corner , or you can cut off the power. Always be prepared for emergency stop. Open Repetier host and connect the printer. Click Home button , then all three axes will move towards the endstop. After they hit the endstop they will move back for a short distance and then stop the movement. The origin location should be in the right front corner of the printer platform. If
the moving direction is reversed, you can change the motor direction in firmware."

Basically it doesn't move to the endstop, it moves about 5mm in the following directions X=left Y=rear Z=down and then stops. I'm completely lost at this point, is this right? Am I do something wrong? The above information says it should home in the top right after hitting the endstops, I don't see how this is possible as the endstops are on the left & rear of the printer and if it moves back a short distance it'll only ever be on the left of the printer.

Can someone either help me understand whats going on or point me in the direction of a video which shows how to calibrate the printer.

Gingko
Site Admin

Re: Geeetech Prusa I3 Pro B - Calibration

Post by Gingko » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:37 pm

This video shows the correct movement after clicking the home button:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4CfyNJ ... fM3iY-4xj7

Pro X and B have the same home position, it's on the left front corner of the printer platform (where the endstops were mounted).

Pheeres

Re: Geeetech Prusa I3 Pro B - Calibration

Post by Pheeres » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:40 am

Hello, if you need to use adjusted steps for XY, because of replacements of gears, than you can not permanently adjust it in the settings of the mainboard. Instead, if you use Cura, you can easely solve it to append G-code in the start code of the printer.
When you go to settings, printer, Machine settings, you can append after G28 Z0 in between:
M92 X80.00
M92 Y80.50
Whereby 80.00 and 80.50 my personal adjustment is.

This you can do with all settings from the CTC I3

When you extract the settings via Repetier host, you can export it into a file. You can open it with notepad, than you can see the g-code for every setting.

best regards,
Peter