Z axe is not moving proper on my M201

Pannekoek

Z axe is not moving proper on my M201

Post by Pannekoek » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:58 pm

I have build the Prusa M201 but I have problems with the motors driving the spindlers of the Z axe.
The motors seem to have a to little power to drive the spindlers. I have added some oil to make them move better and I have adjusted the drivers to 1V, but no success.
I have the idea that the Z axe motors are to small.

bang

Re: Z axe is not moving proper on my M201

Post by bang » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Hello,you can refer to this linkviewtopic.php?f=17&t=17038.

Pannekoek

Post by Pannekoek » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:12 am

I have done very thing possible to make the z-axis move but no success.
It seem to be a common problem with all the printer based on the Prusa build form.
The Z-axis motors have not the power to move the Z-axis in a proper way.
I want to use more powerful motors but do not know which motor will work on my printer.
Can somebody help me with this?

SSAL

Post by SSAL » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:49 pm

I got the same problems.
First, unlock the 4 screws on the z-axis nuts (TR808)
Be shure, the x bridge is in level!
Check the right connections on the couplings.
https://www.china-gadgets.de/app/upload ... 36x471.png
If its still not moving, try to increse the voltage a bit, check the temperature of the motors!

Greetings

SSAL

jnyriz

Post by jnyriz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:12 am

I had the same issue. Assuming your Z axis lead screws are straight, the issue may be clearance tension. Here's how I solved the issue:

1. Disconnect the drive screws from the z motor. rotate the screws in counterclockwise motion to see if you can move them by hand. If not, you will have to check the clearance on the upper acrylic and file as necessary. you want to be able to drop the Lead screws so they can thread down through the Z axis nut with just gravity. Use WD40 or lithium grease spray as necessary. This step will require you to remove the extruders and acrylic for experimentation.

2. You may have to loosen the 4 screws attached to the Z axis nut to give it more play. Again, uses oil or grease.

3. Experiment with the Z axis motor couplers. The may be cockeyed and not spinning straight. Loosen and retighten while checking for a smooth spin with you fingers. If you can smoothly spin the rod by hand turning the Z axis coupler and it spins with very little tension, then,

4. Turn up the voltage to .9V on the GTM32 Pro board. The little round pots need to be rotated for the Z axis chips (the 2 bottom ones on the right side in the row of 3) Multimeter: negative on the bottom right pin, positive on the pot.

This will require you to disassemble some pieces. It's frustrating and will take time. Many times the problem stems from the acrylic hole being too small. Also make sure both sides are level on the X axis. Cut a straw or piece of wood and use it to measure both sides to make sure they're the same distance from the bed. Once level, the Z axis motors will turn easier.

Good luck.