Z Axis calibration

pamato

Z Axis calibration

Post by pamato » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:50 am

I have a Geeetech Aluminum i3A that I just assembled and have a question about.
I am having issues getting it to print.
When I set my machine to: Prepare -> Move Axis -> Move 1mm -> Move Z axis and turn the dial to 2mm the Z axis moves up 12.64mm
That doesn't seem right.
Is there some configuration/jumper that needs to be changed?

Thanks,
Paul

pamato

Re: Z Axis calibration

Post by pamato » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:14 am

Here is some more information on my problem.

https://goo.gl/photos/JMyoAKuKeBNNdC696
This was a print of the Standard Cube 1ML from Thingiverse http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:17003

Here is a close up of the results:
https://goo.gl/photos/fdptcZWqyZNvT8Wr7

Lastly here are my Cura settings for that print
https://goo.gl/photos/PhBCUyWMaFLErpPv9

Out of the box standard Geeetech Aluminum i3A with a 0.4mm print nozzle

pamato

Post by pamato » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:27 am

Modified the firmware to change the default_axis_steps_per unit based on the z axis calibration formula from 2650 to 405.
Recompiled and uploaded to printer and the Z axis still moves 6.32mm for every one commanded mm of travel.

I am out of things to try to get this printer to print.

bang

Post by bang » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:11 pm

Did you solve it?
I guess you received the lead screw(Z axis) version,while the firmware in your motherboard is for the threaded rods version.
Download the right firmware from here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17046

pamato

Post by pamato » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:59 pm

No, I still have a printer that won't print.

I have already downloaded and installed the mentioned firmware for the Geeetech with the lead screw upgrade but it has still not solved my problem.
I have spoken to Geeetech (chat) suppport about the issue, but unfortunately I bought the printer through BangGood.com and Geeetech says that I have to go through BangGood.com to get any technical support or replacement printer/parts.
I am suspecting that it is the RepRap Sanguinololu driver board since nothing I change in the firmware effects how the printer prints.
I have triple checked that Arduino IDE is successfully uploading to the printer by changing the "Prusa i3 A" message in the display to something else and I see it in the display.
Right now I have a desktop dust collector until I can get someone from BangGood to respond regarding defective parts/replacement or spend the $45 for a replacement board out of my own pocket (which seems unfair) from Geeetech.

bang

Post by bang » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:07 am

Yes,i agree with you...The motherboard may have a problem cause it seems the firmware in the board doesn't change at all whatever you upload.
And it is not unfair to get another board at your own expense,i guess you just got the printer(under warranty) recently?
Didn't someone from Banggood get back to you?

pamato

Post by pamato » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Bang,
I have Live Chatted" with them online and they pointed me to their customer service contact form to fill out their "After-Sale - Item received with quality problem" form; which I did 3 days ago.
Yesterday, I filled out the form again with a "After-Sale - Feedback and complaints" trying to get someone to respond; which I have not heard from them.
I have also tried to contact them through Facebook.

I thought BangGood would have better customer service. I am very disappointed.

bang

Post by bang » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:05 pm

Sorry to hear that :(