Delta printer spider not level

aaron

Delta printer spider not level

Post by aaron » Wed May 18, 2016 3:44 am

Hi
I am having real trouble because the spider on my delta printer does not seem to stay in the same plane which makes it impossible to set the second hot end so it does not attack the print. I have leveled the bed and set the limit switches many times, but I am unable to get it so that both hot ends are a similar distance from the bed in all positions. I have a glass bed which I am sure is flat. Could someone please explain and offer a solution.
Thanks
Aaron

Roadracers

Re: Delta printer spider not level

Post by Roadracers » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:14 am

I am having the same issue. I made a post about this also. Waiting for a reply.

I raised the second hot end up higher than the first hot end. Points 1,2 and 3 are fine, but when I get to point 4 the second hot end is hitting before the first hot end. I have tried everything.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:29 pm

Roadracers wrote:I am having the same issue. I made a post about this also. Waiting for a reply.

I raised the second hot end up higher than the first hot end. Points 1,2 and 3 are fine, but when I get to point 4 the second hot end is hitting before the first hot end. I have tried everything.

Hi,
"The second extruder is seen slightly lower than the first extruder",have you leveled the hotend before you
level the bed? You can adjust the M6 nut to adjust the hight of the hotend.Look the following pic:
Catch(07-19-16-0(07-19-16-25-51).jpg
Catch(07-19-16-0(07-19-16-25-51).jpg (48.55 KiB) Viewed 12119 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Roadracers

Post by Roadracers » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:17 pm

Yes. The second hot end is slightly higher than the first. In positions 1,2 and three the second hot end is still slightly higher, but in position four the second hot end is hitting the plate first and the first hot end is much higher. This is causing printing issues, since the second hot end is hitting the project.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:59 pm

Roadracers wrote:Yes. The second hot end is slightly higher than the first. In positions 1,2 and three the second hot end is still slightly higher, but in position four the second hot end is hitting the plate first and the first hot end is much higher. This is causing printing issues, since the second hot end is hitting the project.
OK,i think it maybe some installing problem,cuz it is unreasonable.I think you'd better have a double check on the installation,maybe a few screws somewhere is too loose...How do you think?

aaron

Post by aaron » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:25 pm

Hi
I am fairly sure it is because the arms are different lengths. I was very disappointed with the quality of the parts in the kit, I had to modify several of the parts to make them fit. The arms in particular .....I tried to correct this by crimping the 5 of the aluminum rods to make them as long as the longest. This helped a little but the problem is still affecting the machine.
Aaron

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:59 am

aaron wrote:Hi
I am fairly sure it is because the arms are different lengths. I was very disappointed with the quality of the parts in the kit, I had to modify several of the parts to make them fit. The arms in particular .....I tried to correct this by crimping the 5 of the aluminum rods to make them as long as the longest. This helped a little but the problem is still affecting the machine.
Aaron
You mean the 6 rods in the picture?How is the difference?What the respective sizes are they?Besides,you said it's the spider problem before,but now you say its the arms...So what is it actully?
1.jpg
1.jpg (25.75 KiB) Viewed 12051 times

Roadracers

Post by Roadracers » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:06 am

Aaron, I have to agree. I had to heat the rod ends up and adjust them, they were all different sizes.

Sadly I am finding quality issues with some parts are very poor. The rods were the first issue, now the ball bearings on the driver wheel are failing. I haven't been able to completely calibrate this printer with all the quality issues. The motors, metal rod bearings and other parts have been perfect. Sad cause I was so excited to building this printer and I have avoided working with it for the past couple months.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:31 pm

Roadracers wrote:Aaron, I have to agree. I had to heat the rod ends up and adjust them, they were all different sizes.

Sadly I am finding quality issues with some parts are very poor. The rods were the first issue, now the ball bearings on the driver wheel are failing. I haven't been able to completely calibrate this printer with all the quality issues. The motors, metal rod bearings and other parts have been perfect. Sad cause I was so excited to building this printer and I have avoided working with it for the past couple months.
Hi,
Sorry for the inconvenience bought you.And thanks for your feedback,we're improving it all the time.
Best Regards