Tips for the I3 x pro assembly

S Burn

Tips for the I3 x pro assembly

Post by S Burn » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:49 pm

I have got mine printing fairly well now....here is a few tips for those that are just getting one.....

Put washers on all the screws...there is plenty in the bag but they don't tell you in the instructions.

Leave the belts long...do not cut them until it is all together and your sure you understand where they have to go...leave some extra on them...

The right side of the X axis assembly....place the brass threaded piece at the top of the bracket...not the bottom where they show you..it will improve your quality and there is holes for it already...if you find a way to do the left side...do it also
brass.jpg
Move this up
brass.jpg (77.75 KiB) Viewed 54198 times
Place a piece of insulation between the acrylic platform base and the heating pad.....speeds up heating time and gives more uniform heated area...I used a piece from my garage door insulation kit...

I went to Ace Hardware and purchased 2 lock rings...like the ones on the Z axis smooth rod, also bought 4 nylon washers....place them on the threaded rods but above the top frame piece so the 2 washers are on the frame and the lock ring sets on them...lock it on the ring so it takes all the weight off the Z axis motors...then finish assembly as directed below...
1229151023_resized.jpg
Z rod support
1229151023_resized.jpg (105.71 KiB) Viewed 54198 times
Do not try to use the flat side of the Z axis motor shaft and the flex coupler...it will never line up....take time here to get the coupler to spin with NO WOBBLE...loosen it..turn it some and try it...do it over and over until you find when it is connected to the threaded rod it does not wobble..I had to file the threaded rod slightly where it goes into the coupler....spend some time here and get it straight...NO WOBBLE..
coupler 1k.jpg Also....dont bother the 3d printers store with to many questions...after about 5 emails they have stopped responding...I was missing parts and also requesting cad files for broken acrylic parts...got them but have not been able to get spare parts from them....must have bothered them to much My prints are coming out nice now.... [attachment=0]1229151046a_resized.jpg
Attachments
1229151046a_resized.jpg
1229151046a_resized.jpg (134.62 KiB) Viewed 54198 times
coupler 1k.jpg
Coupler on Z axis...take time to get no wobble in it
coupler 1k.jpg (174.33 KiB) Viewed 54198 times

Mark

Re: Tips for the I3 x pro assembly

Post by Mark » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:03 pm

nice work! thanks for sharing!

MrMeatGrinder

Post by MrMeatGrinder » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:12 pm

I found that replacing the flexible shaft couplers with rigid ones eliminated banding (one extra wide layer due to shorter Z-travel about every 7 layers) that was caused by the flexible couplers compressing due to bent rods.

naredier

Post by naredier » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:32 pm

MrMeatGrinder wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:12 pm
I found that replacing the flexible shaft couplers with rigid ones eliminated banding (one extra wide layer due to shorter Z-travel about every 7 layers) that was caused by the flexible couplers compressing due to bent rods. poppy playtime
Exactly! This is a bit of a problem!

janesbenth

Post by janesbenth » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:30 am

Thanks a lot for your sharing. I gained a lot of important information from you. Keep it up please. Wordle unlimited