Issues with Firmware toolkit installing upgrade

kbuttler

Issues with Firmware toolkit installing upgrade

Post by kbuttler » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:48 am

Hi

first i want to apologize if this issues is in the wrong section. But I've just received a 3D Touch and have installed it on my printer. I'm attempting to install the firmware to enable touch functions. I've used the youtube video instruction, see link below, to install it. When i use the firmware utility tool I attempt to upload the new firmware and receive an " vrdude.exe: stk500v2_command () : command failed " error message.

I've done some searching online and seen a few forms mentioning checking com port on the PC. I only have my printer connected to my laptop so when the tool comes up it picks up the appropriate COM port. I've also tried different Laptop PCs along with installing drivers found in the printers download page.

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong and i'm new to the whole 3D printing scene so I'm trying to have some patience. So any help or direction to get this resolved would be greatly apricated.

Here is some info of the printer

Model: A10T
Software: 1.1.8
Laptop: Windows 10 Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY9r0Es ... l=Geeetech
Attachments
firmware_util_ssue.png
firmware_util_ssue.png (702.5 KiB) Viewed 5152 times

jonesDulciee

Re: Issues with Firmware toolkit installing upgrade

Post by jonesDulciee » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:31 pm

This is a difficult problem. Thank you for sharing it! mapquest directions

GWSaltire

Re: Issues with Firmware toolkit installing upgrade

Post by GWSaltire » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:54 pm

I used Cura to upload the new firmware and it worked first time without any issues

Use a USB cable connect the printer to the computer open cura, go to settings > printer> add printer... once you've done that you can select the printer, select the firmware and upload it.