Newbie Question

FredR

Newbie Question

Post by FredR » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:18 am

I am as dumb as they come when it comes to this technology. I have had my A10M maybe a week so forgive me.

Printing from the card is one thing. I read that it is easier to print straight from the computer. So getting the software and drivers is no big deal. However, since I haven't done it yet, it has made me wonder. I take it that the computer is sending code to the printer. Is this just g-code or is it a different format?

Thanks
Fred

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Newbie Question

Post by _kaktus_ » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:23 am

Hi.
:mrgreen:

Yes, you are right in every question you asked and answer :!:

You can prepare your model and save it in STL format. Then you prepare a Gcode file in a separate application.
:D
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

FredR

Post by FredR » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:12 am

Thank you for the reply here and in my filament question. I have found so many .stl files I want to print, but just haven't found the right place says you do this and then this and etc..... I have to find a book 3D Printing for dummies (like me) :D
I'm still setting up CURA and the drivers so at least I know I'm headed in the right direction.
Thanks again.
Fred

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:51 am

Hi.
:mrgreen:

Don't be afraid to ask questions on the forum.
But only those on which there are no answers. :lol:
Let this forum replace your book.
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.