Recommended Slicer software

RonWalker

Recommended Slicer software

Post by RonWalker » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:00 pm

I have been using Cura slicer for my Geeetech Prusia I3 Pro B. In setting up Cura, as they don't have this machine specifically mentioned, I just selected "Prusa I3". It seems to work O.K., but the Print Cooling Fan options does not seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

William
Site Admin

Re: Recommended Slicer software

Post by William » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:00 pm

Hi,As to choose the slicer software ,I recommend the Slic3r which is built-in software of Repetier Host.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

RonWalker

Post by RonWalker » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:31 pm

Thanks William, Checking the G-code from Slic3R, I can see the M106 - time to play ;)

3rror420

Post by 3rror420 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:18 pm

I would also like to say thanks to William. I've been messing with trying to convert 3d files to gcode for a Geeetech and didn't get anything to work until I tried slic3r. I had the archive already but didn't try it yet. Got it to work first try with Slic3r, thanks again.

I can tell you this, this Geeetech kit has alot to be desired. Anything and everything was wrong with it. Stuff like the propitiatory wiring harness having to short of wire's on it, which I took some of the other left over wires and modded them with a 4" grinder and a diamond blade to make them fit. To the hotplate being wired backwards and the thermostat not being correctly soldered to the board. Stuff like the manual for the kit showing to put something together one way and then the video showing it going together another direction. The hotend is sitting way low and I had to remove the spring from the z endstop screw and run it all the way down, plus lower the hotbed almost completely all the way down almost think I should flip the hotend mount over and mount it the other way. The pic's on this website show it the way I have it now but hey there's other things they have video's of and pic of that aren't correct. Then one of the extruder's came with a broken fan. Also on the right side midway there was a screw that had a head that would collide with the tensioner for the x axis belt screw head. I had to swap that out with a counter sunk screw so it would get clearance and wouldn't collide. Oh well live and learn I guess, next time I'll work a few extra hours and toss some more money in when making my purchase.

Murphyprecht

Post by Murphyprecht » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:53 am

Sorry buddy, my wires were all the correct length and detailed their route in the manual.
The hotplate (heat bed) is non polarised so how could it be reversed? That was detailed in the manual.
The heat bed thermistor was taped to the bed with heat resistant tape that you shouldn't have removed according to the manual.
I found the video brilliant and helped totally with the build when it is used first then referred to the manual.
The screw for the Z end stop on mine is long enough to stop the extruder colliding with the heat bed, did you use the correct screw from the manual?
A broken fan? I didn't have that, that is a shame but there is a help email address, I'm sure it's at the end of the manual.
The screw that collided with tensioner? Could that have been the screw for the Z end stop? If I were you, I'd recheck the manual.

Geeetech rocks!

When you read the manual :D

Peace out.

Chub

Post by Chub » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:57 am

I was going to use Cura 4.0 but every model has a ridiculous print time. Stuff I do at work with an Axiom takes 3 hours and Cura says it will take 18 hours. Is the Cura prediction usually accurate? I hate to load a model and wait 18 hours. Just wondering if this is real. I was going to try Easy Print since I have an A10M at home. That software didn't tell me print times. The estimate box was always empty.

RandyBonnette

Post by RandyBonnette » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:23 pm

Chub wrote:

I was going to use Cura 4.0 but every model has a ridiculous print time. Stuff I do at work with an Axiom takes 3 hours and Cura says it will take 18 hours. Is the Cura prediction usually accurate? I hate to load a model and wait 18 hours. Just wondering if this is real. I was going to try Easy Print since I have an A10M at home. That software didn't tell me print times. The estimate box was always empty. writemyessaytoday.net
Hi,

I've been thinking to use either Geeetech A10M or A20M. Which one is better? And where can I find good settings for Cura 4.0? Could you please share yours, if possible? Thanks.

Chub

Post by Chub » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:27 am

I haven't worked good setting out yet. Was working good but now my extruder up by the filament doesn't turn. It only turns to load and unload. Anyone have advice? Is there a code to turn them on?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:30 am

Hi, are you referring to your supplies not being printed during the printing process?
You can check whether the extruder motor is running normally. If it is not working properly, you can exchange the extruder motor line and other shaft motor lines for viewing.
  1. Heat the nozzle to 200°, manually push the consumables to see if the discharge is to determine whether the nozzle is blocking the material;

2. Check if the Teflon tube is fully connected;

3. Check the spring tension of the feeder. If it is too loose or too tight, you can adjust it to moderate.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

reginalace

Post by reginalace » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:51 am

I have repeatedly used various services that can help. I want to buy literary analysis. I hope everyone will get the help they seek. Many times I have ordered an essay. I'm glad I can order anything.