Geeetech i3 pro and Cura X,Y offset

Trevor

Geeetech i3 pro and Cura X,Y offset

Post by Trevor » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:04 pm

Hi all,
I have a Geeetech i3 pro and I am using Cura software to set up my prints. I then upload the prints onto a Pi with octoprint loaded on to it and use this to drive the printer.

My question is about the start of printing - on some prints, everything works well, but some of them it prints off the bed and I want to know if there is a way of setting an offset for X and Y to ensure it always starts printing on the bed. Can this be set on the printer itself so it always remembers it or do I need to do it in the software (Cura or Octoprint).

Many thanks in advance

Trevor

William
Site Admin

Re: Geeetech i3 pro and Cura X,Y offset

Post by William » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:46 pm

Trevor wrote:Hi all,
I have a Geeetech i3 pro and I am using Cura software to set up my prints. I then upload the prints onto a Pi with octoprint loaded on to it and use this to drive the printer.

My question is about the start of printing - on some prints, everything works well, but some of them it prints off the bed and I want to know if there is a way of setting an offset for X and Y to ensure it always starts printing on the bed. Can this be set on the printer itself so it always remembers it or do I need to do it in the software (Cura or Octoprint).

Many thanks in advance

Trevor
Hi,Trevor
There is a setting in "printing setting" which you can set your printer's beginning center.Though my software is "slic3r",i guess there is a similar setting in "Cura",wish that will work.Have a look at the pic below:
Attachments
QQ图片20160610173942.png
QQ图片20160610173942.png (101.02 KiB) Viewed 7939 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!