Delta G2 Pro going 1/5 Repetier Command

rbergs

Delta G2 Pro going 1/5 Repetier Command

Post by rbergs » Tue May 17, 2016 7:32 am

I am using the firmware version that is listed here: http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17046 and the version of Repetier here: https://www.repetier.com/

We have changed the drive from belts to screw drives. Before this was done, the printer seemed to work, but I am not sure if this issue was present or not.

Basically, under manual control, if you put in the command G0 Z-5, it will move 1 mm. No matter what you put for Z travel, it moves 1/5 that.

This makes sense, as per my understanding the motors are 3200 steps per revolution, and the original belts equaled 80 steps per millimeter. The screws are 8 mm lead,so that should equal 400 step per mm. I have made this change in the Configuration.h file where is speaks about steps per mm. I have uploaded the code, but it does not seem to make a difference. Unfortunately, I am inheriting this after a group worked on it, so I am not 100% sure if this is always an issue, or is due to the modification. My question is whether this is the correct place to change the value or not or is there somewhere else I need to change as well?

It seems to home well, and changing the Manual Z height to 5 x what is currently is seems to make things work right. However, for the life of me, I can't figure out where this 1/5 is coming from. Is there a setting in Repetier that I am missing?

I found that I must use Arduino 1.0 to upload the program to the printer. I have 1.6.3 installed, could that be causing an issue? I doubt it, but thought I would check. Is it a version issue with Repetier? Is there another similar software I can use to see if it does the same thing?

When the printer tries to move in X and Y, the head starts to tilt, and it gets worse the further you get from center. My hunch is that this is related to the 1/5 issue. In the software it refers to some measurements. Is there a diagram to help explain what they are referring to? I want to double check that as well, but that is after I am able to command a pure Z motion of 5 mm and get 5 mm.

Thank you for any thoughts / suggestions.

rbergs

Re: Delta G2 Pro going 1/5 Repetier Command

Post by rbergs » Fri May 20, 2016 1:59 am

I have solved the issue.

In the Configuration.h file, there is a section that deals with the EEPROM (around line 609 on mine).

Here is the snippet:

Code: Select all

// EEPROM
// The microcontroller can store settings in the EEPROM, e.g. max velocity...
// M500 - stores parameters in EEPROM
// M501 - reads parameters from EEPROM (if you need reset them after you changed them temporarily).
// M502 - reverts to the default "factory settings".  You still need to store them in EEPROM afterwards if you want to.
//define this to enable EEPROM support
//#define EEPROM_SETTINGS

//#ifdef EEPROM_SETTINGS
  // To disable EEPROM Serial responses and decrease program space by ~1700 byte: comment this out:
//  #define EEPROM_CHITCHAT // please keep turned on if you can.
//#endif
Commented, like I have it allows for writing to the EEPROM. Uncommented, it is locked. For some items this doesn't matter. For the steps per unit, you HAVE TO HAVE THIS COMMENTED. Once I did this, I am not able to proceed with calibration.