SD card error?

sim123

SD card error?

Post by sim123 » Sun May 15, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi, i bought a Geeetech Prusa i3 X a month ago and im trying to get a print out of it. I started using USB cable but realized that Pronterface and Repetier made random errors and stopped in long lasting prints. Then i tried the SD card. The SD card prints the first layer and then withdraw the filament enough in order for the filament not being able to get down again. (same problem as this guy I think: http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... ard#p30622) I checked my G-code, that’s not the problem, I have tried with 3 different SD-card, one that worked (borrowed one from my job) and 2 that didn’t work. (both with the same problem and all 3 cards with the same file.) It seems like the printer skips some G-code or something.
The firmware is marlin, and it is up to date.

Any advice?

christspringer271

Re: SD card error?

Post by christspringer271 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:26 am

Did you manage to solve this error already?

sim123

Re: SD card error?

Post by sim123 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:07 pm

I believe it's a problem with the SD card reader. A colleague of mine, (an electrical engineer) explained that are 3 ways of storing data on a SD-card. (basically the way they are build) 2 of the mare expensive and one is cheap. So its probably because Geeetech used a shitty reader, that can’t read the 2 expensive card types. I think the solution is to find the right SD card. Or get Geeetech to send a better card reader.

The short explanation is due to a lack of knowledge within the SD-card area. :D