M201 new software Help

mjhall29

M201 new software Help

Post by mjhall29 » Mon May 02, 2016 6:40 am

Hi,
After installing firmware V1.0.5, Mixer dose not work correctly?
Tool 0 seems to jam, at the end of every print. it seems that the motor is moving the material too much? the motor clicks for the entire print then seems to retract too far?
I can use tool 0 or tool 1 they dont seem to mix any more?
All my slicer fixings are the same as before the up date.
Have i missed some thing?

Regards
Martin

syossi2

Re: M201 new software Help

Post by syossi2 » Sun May 08, 2016 2:59 pm

did you check the tem of the nozzle?
did you check the filament id there are free ?
printing 3D with M201 Geeetech

mjhall29

Post by mjhall29 » Tue May 10, 2016 12:22 am

Hi,
both tools 0 and one work, tool 0 clogs up at the end of every print. the temperature of the nozzle seems ok if i set itat 160 it melts pla but not abs if i set it at 220 it melts abs. i have no other way to check it (this is the same as my G2s).
i print pla at 205 as it was mixing well at this temperature before the update.
Like i said it seems that it is not mixing, after printing anything i have to clean out tool 0 in the hot end. tool 1 is ok? retraction is set at 4mm (i did change this to 2mm but it made no difference). it is not the filament as i have used the same filament in both tools.
I am at a loss??
regards
Martin

syossi2

Post by syossi2 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:43 am

Did yoy know that on the end of yhe printing the temp drop down?
Maybe you don't realize that? And you need just to heat up the nozzle agian?

Yossi
printing 3D with M201 Geeetech

mjhall29

Post by mjhall29 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:47 pm

It's getting worse, I have just come to terms with the fact that the printer wont mix 2 colours, and that i have to strip the hotend every time i wont to use it, then i find i am getting errors in the Y axis ?
I seems to slip about 0.5mm per layer from layer 5 to layer 10 the first 5 layers are fine then after 10 its fine.
It makes no difference if i slice with cura or slic3r. the only thing that seems to make a difference is file size? small objects seem to be OK. there are no physical obstructions.
So what is the cause of this ?
I get no response from emails to Geeetech i am at a loss. They seem not to want to know as i purchased it through a reseller. they will not replace the badly made parts i reported to them ? the advert for the printer says flat build plate mine was bent, i sent photos and they said it was wrong but they would not replace it ???
i thought when i got my G2s they were a good customer focused company. How wrong could i have been.
On the top of this page it says "Here you can enjoy more professional and specialized services." it should say after that not if you buy from an approved reseller or if you have any problems.
All i wanted was somebody at Geeetech to say we will look at it or at least to say OK we see you have a problem.

mjhall29

Post by mjhall29 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:49 pm

Temp is very stable as far as i can see from screen.

Admin

Post by Admin » Fri May 13, 2016 5:06 pm

mjhall29 wrote:It's getting worse, I have just come to terms with the fact that the printer wont mix 2 colours, and that i have to strip the hotend every time i wont to use it, then i find i am getting errors in the Y axis ?
I seems to slip about 0.5mm per layer from layer 5 to layer 10 the first 5 layers are fine then after 10 its fine.
It makes no difference if i slice with cura or slic3r. the only thing that seems to make a difference is file size? small objects seem to be OK. there are no physical obstructions.
So what is the cause of this ?
I get no response from emails to Geeetech i am at a loss. They seem not to want to know as i purchased it through a reseller. they will not replace the badly made parts i reported to them ? the advert for the printer says flat build plate mine was bent, i sent photos and they said it was wrong but they would not replace it ???
i thought when i got my G2s they were a good customer focused company. How wrong could i have been.
On the top of this page it says "Here you can enjoy more professional and specialized services." it should say after that not if you buy from an approved reseller or if you have any problems.
All i wanted was somebody at Geeetech to say we will look at it or at least to say OK we see you have a problem.

maybe there is some bug for the latest firmware, please try the previous versions and see if the problem still exist.

mjhall29

Post by mjhall29 » Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 pm

Hi,
I have stopped ranting and raving now and spent all night playing with the printer.
I re-Downloaded the latest firmware and reinstalled it, I have done 3 prints with no apparent Y shift.
I have no method of measuring the temperature of the hotend above 160 deg C, but if I leave the hotend on for 30 minuets prior to feeding filament it seems to work. I still get constant step skipping from both extruder motors, but its working. Should I try reducing the steps per mm in the settings for the extruder's ?
I haven't tried the colour mixing yet I am a bit apprehensive about tying it again.
I have had problems with the extruder motors from the start. I fitted the all metal drive ends from my G2s just after the initial build after talking to tech support, this fixed the problem at that point. I cant see how but is that causing a problem now ?
Regards
Martin

Admin

Post by Admin » Mon May 16, 2016 1:52 pm

if it is just the extruder stepper motor skip steps, you can plug the A4988 of other axis to the extruder port to test.