Extruder motor

Treah

Extruder motor

Post by Treah » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:07 am

Ok so I have assembled my printer about 2 months ago and have yet to get it to print anything.

Several background problems.
1. I was never sent the right parts. I was sent substitute parts that are very conflicting with the instructions. ( ramps v4 )
Because of this many things were not wired right and I thought this was due to the firmware. After attempting to find it online ( why is it hidden guys....) and using another one it broke even worse.
2. We contacted Geetech and got them to send us the firmware ( why do you not just send this with a cd? it costs literally 5cents to make a disk.... ) and got that working again.
3. The wiring at this point is pretty butcher because of the terrible instructions, wrong screenshots showing incorrect wiring, and a wiring diagram that is awful.
4. I have the printer mostly working at this point.

However for some reason the extruder motor and also fan control seam to not work at all. The fan stays on constantly and I do have it plugged into the correct part of the ramps board and this prevents the extruder nozzle from getting up to the correct temperature that is needed ( 200C ). The motor never moves more filament into the extrude for some reason. I do have it wired up correctly but i have no real way to test it out other then trying to print something which makes all the motors work ( most of the time sometimes they just clang around because the geometry or something is wrong when I slice dunno, and the software seams to give no care that end stops have been hit... ) but it never extrudes anything other then the cary over from me inserting the filament.

I am happy to post pictures or whatever to help try and fix this problem. At this point however I am very upset that I was sent the wrong board for this model and expected to figure out how to make it work. I feel that the heart of this problem is that I just need the proper board for this model to get it working.

I have the Acrylic i3

zhangxueyou

Re: Extruder motor

Post by zhangxueyou » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:52 am

Could please send a wiring diagram of your mainboard, let me check if it is correct. The building instruction online is correct.

Treah

Post by Treah » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:02 pm

Below is the diagram that I used to wire up the componets correctly. I connected the extruder fan near the 11A connection on the 2 pin header.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:23 am

It's hard to tell what's wrong with your board from this picture, could you please take a photo of your mainboard with wiring?
Is the extruder moving without filament?

Treah

Post by Treah » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:59 pm

Hello Sorry for not getting back with you in a while I have been rather busy with other items. I have taken several pictures of the main board wireing but it is a bit hard to see everything. I hope these help.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:59 pm

You connect the extruder motor in wrong direction, so the extruder motor can not move.
QQ截图20150702175232.png
QQ截图20150702175232.png (752.33 KiB) Viewed 9453 times
You are the lucky one. Worstly, connecting motor driver will destroy the driver, even the whole mainboard.

And the blue part on board must be near to cooling fan, when heating the be, the temperature of MOSFET will be very high.
You can print a fan mount to change the position of extruder, the stl file is at this page:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 24&t=16304