I3 pro C starts printing without heating estruder or/and bed

Chupacabra

I3 pro C starts printing without heating estruder or/and bed

Post by Chupacabra » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:34 am

I manage to print calibration cube and box. Since quality was terrible I started trouble shooting the settings on the original software. Repetier/slic3r downloaded from the link ay the end of assembly instruction .pdf file. After what I thought it was just making corrections or adjustments to slic3r and repetier like getting higher/proper ABS temps for bed and extruder, filament thickness, adding the second extruder to the software, etc. the printer just started to behave incorrectly. i.e. starting printing without heating the extruder and the bed, not extruding enough filament, etc. after a while I decided I must have change a setting I should not have. So I deleted everything and re installed all. To my surprise it didn't fix all the problems. Now the printer preheats the extruder but not the bed. Actually the bed never heats up. Only manually. so before printing I preheat the bed then I start printing which starts heating the hot end the when it starts printing I turn on the bed heater manually again. It will not stay on after a click on play. So I wonder what could be wrong and I ask for help how to fix it. Also I would like to know if it is software or firmware problems.
In any case I would like to know if the software site linked to the pdf file contains the latest version (how to check) and where could I get a copy of the firmware for the gt2560.

windows 8.xx
Geeetech acrylic prusa I3 pro C (dual extruider)

zhangxueyou

Re: I3 pro C starts printing without heating estruder or/and

Post by zhangxueyou » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:11 pm

If you want the printer heat automatically before printing, you should add some codes in Slicer like this:
QQ截图20150320100856.png
QQ截图20150320100856.png (65.58 KiB) Viewed 9956 times

Chupacabra

Post by Chupacabra » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:48 am

Thank you for your response.
Yes this solve the problem and found a couple more.
1 I added this code to start code in slic3r but it does not add it to G-code what I slice any other .stl. Is this normal.
2 When I load a new .stl removing the previous one loaded. When I slice it it generated g code from the previous .stl even if I have deleted it. I have to exit repetier and run it again.

I am new to 3d printer, so I don't know if these are known issues. If they are I kindly ask you send me to the right place to find answers if I'm not in the right one... ;)

This is my first printer and It has been a very exiting learning experience.
Thank you again for your help

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:07 am

Chupacabra wrote:Thank you for your response.
Yes this solve the problem and found a couple more.
1 I added this code to start code in slic3r but it does not add it to G-code what I slice any other .stl. Is this normal.
2 When I load a new .stl removing the previous one loaded. When I slice it it generated g code from the previous .stl even if I have deleted it. I have to exit repetier and run it again.

I am new to 3d printer, so I don't know if these are known issues. If they are I kindly ask you send me to the right place to find answers if I'm not in the right one... ;)

This is my first printer and It has been a very exiting learning experience.
Thank you again for your help
Mayebe it's software issue.
Generally, when you add these codes in slic3r, this codes will turn up at the beginning of g-code.
After you remove the former stl file and add new stl file, and slice with slicer, all the g-code will be new. You don't have to exit Repetier and run it again.

Chupacabra

Post by Chupacabra » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:42 pm

Good morning. I didn't have much time yesterday so I checked a couple of things. I revise all the settings on repetier and slic3r. they look fine but I still have the problem of slic3r outputting the same code with any stl file I input in repetier. Also there is no added custom code to the G-code generated.

Only if I quit repetier and load a different stl it will generate the corresponding code but still no custom code added. For now I just copy and paste the custom code using the code editor.

I will reinstall all software as soon as I get to it and try again.
---------------------------------------------------------
This part of the post I might move to hardware issues if necesary or requested.

Another issue I encountered if a hardware problem. If I may I will post in the hardware/assemble forum. The dual extruder cradle didn't have the screw holes to the carriage and for the extruder plate correctly aligned. I think it was not printed 100% to scale. Perhaps a little smaller.
When I try to assemble it it was hard to insert the screws into the nuts embedded in the cradle wall. So what happened is that I forced it a little and I had layer separation. Now one of the nuts is rotating freely and I cant loosen or tighten it. In respect to the misaligned holes to attach the dual extruder metal plate to the cradle I used the file provided in the kit to elongate the holes outward.

It is obvious that I can print the dual extruder cradle from .stl (already downloaded) but I need to fix the cradle problem but I would like to know my options and I have a few questions.

1 If I break the part trying to fix it, can I order or received one from you (getech or geeetech?)) since it was defective (wrong scale)? ( i don't mind paying for it)
2 What should be the distance between holes in the cradle and carriage?
3 If I manage to temporarily fix the part is it OK to print on ABS and what would the setting would be for 1.75mm
4 Since I bought the kit from an affiliate or distributor in ebay do I get service/help/warranty from you?

I could post some pictures as soon as I take them tonite (EST)

Thank you so much for your help.

It is really fun to have this printer as I enjoy working with it and working on it.

Rob.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:19 am

I think the dimension of extruder cradle you print is normal. But you have to use tool to let the screw get into the hole because the hole was designed smaller slightly for a firmer installation.
1. This question, I think you should ask the customer service.
2. Please tell me your nozzle diameter, I can share my slicer setting.
3. It's my pleasure to help you solve the technical problem, I will try my best if you meet problem. ;)