Arduino & Marlin compile

ChrisP28

Arduino & Marlin compile

Post by ChrisP28 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:17 pm

Hi, I’m having trouble setting up the firmware for my home build printer. I’ve downloaded Arduino and Marlin from the respective sites and both open up ok. I can’t get the Marlin to compile. i’ve tried to compile it straight from the download with no changes and still no success. I’ve tried different versions of both files but still no joy. the most common error it to do with fpos_t not assigned.
is there a revision of the firm ware and Arduino that people have used that works? I’m no programmer so replies and work around have to be simple.
Many thanks for any help you can offer.
ChrisP.

William
Site Admin

Re: Arduino & Marlin compile

Post by William » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:25 pm

Hi, can you provide the model?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

ChrisP28

Post by ChrisP28 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi William
I don’t have a model I’m building from scratch. I’ve sorted the mechanics from off the shelf parts and parts I’ve printed on my other printer. It’s just the firmware that’s holding me. I wanted th use marlin as the firmware as it looked as though I could Taylor it to my machine.
ChrisP

Deennoo

Post by Deennoo » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:00 am

ChrisP28 wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:30 pm
Hi William
I don’t have a model I’m building from scratch. I’ve sorted the mechanics from off the shelf parts and parts I’ve printed on my other printer. It’s just the firmware that’s holding me. I wanted th use marlin as the firmware as it looked as though I could Taylor it to my machine.
ChrisP
can you post a picture of your board ?

This looks like an arduino Mega or Is this a White color one ?