Unable to load firmware as directed in the manual

ChrisP28

Unable to load firmware as directed in the manual

Post by ChrisP28 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:53 pm

Good afternoon.
I'm new here and a self confessed no-nothing where programming and firmware are concerned. I bought the Geeetech delta pro 32s in kit form and have absolutely no complaints about the kit it's assembled into a really nice machine. However the firmware has driven me to distraction and sleepless nights. I have carefully followed all the instructions in the assembly and quick start guides. But alas it's all beyond me. I have down loaded the arduino and firmware successfully and then it all went wrong.
having followed the instructions and made the changes to the firmware upon uploading the display on the machine stopped working (a blank screen with 2 lines of black squares. Repeated the process of downloading the firmware and this time the upload completed and the display worked. The difference was that the board identifier was set to No.7 instead of No.33. I have tried with the board set to 33 but the firmware won't compile showing error messages.
Using the 7 settings I can communicate with the printer and make some of the motors move etc and the heaters warm up.
Again following the instructions following calibration of the arms I set the values for the self-levelling function. sending the activation code to the printer was a disaster. The arms just waived around in the centre of the build area.
I have also found that with the carriage centred in the build area activating the 2nd extruder causes the 3 arms to track up the machine until the carriages reach the top upon which the steppe motors do their best to destroy the belts.
I have religiously followed the instruction an have repeatedly checked all the wiring so I can only assume the problem is in my firmware.
I can only fall on my sward and admit my short comings but I really want to get this machine working so if there is someone out there willing to spoon feed me through the set up or a print out of the firmware that I can work through I would really like your help.
Very best regards
CP

William
Site Admin

Re: Unable to load firmware as directed in the manual

Post by William » Tue May 23, 2017 10:20 am

Hi,you can try to upload the firmware with EasyPrint 3D,and here are some instructional videos you can follow:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3ua4vM ... pqufTgHOgE.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

ChrisP28

Post by ChrisP28 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi William,
Thanks for replying it's really appreciated.
I work away from home during the week so I won't be able to actually try you suggestions until the weekend but I will watch and study the videos you've suggested before then. I will get back to you after I've had a go.
Again thanks for your reply and chat soon
Very best regards
CP

ChrisP28

Post by ChrisP28 » Sat May 27, 2017 4:25 pm

Hi William
Thanks for the videos, unfortunately my problem is with actually setting up and calibrating the printer it's self. I have been unable to configure and activate the actual printer operating firmware rather than the slicer and printing programme.
Thanks for your help but I'v not reached the point of actually getting the printer running.
Many thanks
CP

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sat May 27, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi,It will be clearer if you can send a video link about the detail.I will be waiting for it.

ChrisP28

Post by ChrisP28 » Sun May 28, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi William
At present there isn't much to video. I've followed the instructions for downloading the firmware etc and made the corrections according to the the quick start manual. My first problem is that when I follow the settings for the board set up and try to compile it error messages appear. Only when the board settings are set to an ultimaker board (number 7 instead of 33) will the firmware upload and the LCD work properly. the machine will home properly and the end stops work as expected. the bed heater will work and one extruder will work bur the second extruder and the fan on the printer head are dead. I cannot calibrate the machine properly with this set up. I've tried searching for a clean copy of the firmware with no glitch's for this machine but so far no luck. Whilst I understand that every machine is different after building i had assumed that the firmware would have been ready for the minor calibration tweeks then it would be ready to go. I have to admit the software problem is now beyond me.
Best regards

CP

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon May 29, 2017 9:43 am

Hi,first of all,have you swapped the second extruder and the fan with the first one ? How's it going ?Except for the software issue,I think there are probably something wrong with the second extruder and the fan if they still cannot work after swapping.

ChrisP28

Post by ChrisP28 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:06 am

Hi William,
I've tried connecting the second extruder wiring to the first extruder pins. the extruder appears to work as the first one did so it looks like the hardware is ok. With the wiring reconnected as per the instructions the extruder heater heats as expected. I've then tried to extrude some filament using the extruder 2 tab in the Repatier host programme manual controls. The Extruder doesn't do anything bur the 3 arms move up the rails to the end stops and then repeatedly bump against the end stops. the only way to stop the carriages bouncing against the end stops is to press the reset button on the machines control panel.
I have followed the set up instructions and the machine will move to the home positions and to the positions dictated in the script buttons on the host screen.
I have rechecked all the wiring and it is correct according to the diagrams in the instructions. I can only assume the problem lies in the firmware and the allocation of the outputs on the board.
CP