I3 Pro C problem

Percy

I3 Pro C problem

Post by Percy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:11 pm

Hi Every one. I am knew to this 3d printing thing! I bought one of these put it together and expected it to work! Its not like buying anything I have bought before! There is no one to phone and ask a question etc. It is not plug and play! OK without plugging it into the computer, just switching it on and going to prepare and then down to auto home the X axes goes straight to the right side and makes horrible noise! nothing else seems to move!
When it is connected to the computer and I click on the X axes it might move left if you click right . If you then click on the home button it also goes right and you have to press stop before something breaks! The Y and Z seems to only work half way up or down the printer or half way back wards or forward? If this all isn't bad enough when I try to level the board/Glass I do the left and right in front and then the back but when I then try the middle the extruder is touching the glass! I built this this 4 days ago and got no further just more frustrated! Can some one help please Thanks Percy

Cup

Re: I3 Pro C problem

Post by Cup » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:11 am

Hi,Percy
Seems like your X motor has a wrong direction,refer to this to modify it in the firmware:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 17&t=17037

As for Y and Z axis,i think you'd better check if you have the two endstops correctly connected to the right slots(Y_min and Z_min).

Percy

Post by Percy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:09 pm

Hi my Y and Z axis is plugged in correctly.
I tried to download and change the firmware as you suggested but came up with another problem. (I copyed the screen to show you but I cant find how to send it to you) Basically what the message sais is
struct fpos_t {

and under this

using typedef-name fpos_t after struct It sais copy message ( I tried this not sure were it put it)

The firmware stops and I have to close it
Thanks for the help so far > My frustration just goes on!

NicoFR

Post by NicoFR » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:18 am

Hi,

This is because you are using one of the latest release of Arduino IDE. Firmware is written to be compiled with v1.0.1

I'm quite sure you are running Arduino 1.6.xx release.
If it is the case, you can just rename "fpos_t" to "fpos_i3t" in these 2 files:
SdBaseFile.cpp
SdBaseFile.h

then you can compile & program your board