Newly updated Firmware V1.0.5 for Prusa I3 M201

MatteFugger

Re: Newly updated Firmware V1.0.5 for Prusa I3 M201

Post by MatteFugger » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:48 am

Hi all,

so far, it took me a while to come back with some results, I was not home for some longer time....
@Cup: thx for the Hint, I tried to set the Mix to 100/0 and so far it "works" out...
regarding the interfering signal: My friend studied electronics and together we analyzed the issue with interfering signal... So far it happens on SD-Card-Printing as well as on USB-Printing. so we were digging a bit deeper with the following results:
The Power supply is 100% sure the issue. finally it is not really protected from interfering signal... some bigger capacitors would have made the job. However, the Computers in my place do not have such issues and also a small CNC lathe which i got a few weeks ago doesn't have these problems - drilling machine, hoover, whatever I run (even from same multiple socket) does not affect Computers or the CNC lathe - replacing Powersupply finally solved my issue.
just in case someone else had similar issues^^

so far i did another bunch of testprinting and I found another problem you might help out. As I changed most parts of the printer - i.e. the aluminium-plate for bed because I got better results printing on glas plate and also I wanted to reduce the wheigt of the mooving bed (also replaced the quite heavy acryl plate below the bed) the mass of the heated part of the bed has changed and I had to adjust the PID values. For the Bed this worked out perfectly - now actual temp is not more then +/- 0.2 from target temp - before it was +/- 5....
Now I have to do the same for the new hotend (Using E3D V6 one) the problem I face is that something seems to be buggy - in Menue: Control->Temperature -> N-PID -> N-PID-I value is the problem I can not increase it... If I try to change it, it jumps to 36.00 and then I can just decrase it in steps of 1.00
Value B-PID-I i was able to change with no problem....
Can someone confirm this behavior?

@syossi2 :
Big THX for charing the "special" Firmware - I gonna try it if I find the time.
Thi issue with the N-PID-I value... could you check out, if this is also an issue within your special Firmware?

THX in Advance to everyone helping to make the M201 becoming a better Product!!!
Mathias

MatteFugger

Post by MatteFugger » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:23 am

Hi all!

Actually I had to replace the Powersupply last night again, as I needed the stronger one I replaced the original one with for some other project I am working on.
So finally I just took a phase comperator to check if I wired it correctly and by accident I put it to the frame and was really astounished - not want to say shocked - to see that there was power on the frame...
Voltmeter told me 230 Volt AC messured against the frame - lads this is prety dangerous. Not just dangerous, it is even illegal to sell it in Europe. Not sure how it passed the CE Test if there was made some. No Problem to me as I am single having no kids, but hell this is - how shall i say - insane?!?
So i checked a little on google and found other reports about this kinda Powersupply stating the same... So if I got it right, we are talking about a known issue. As mentioned personally I don't have a problem with it, but you should be aware, if the right people figure it out, the product will be banished from EU-Market and presumable from US-Market too.

However, it would be nice to get some feedback regarding the N-PID-I value issue.
Thx in advance for helping out on this.

Mathias

bavant

Post by bavant » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi Guys!!

I i mnew with GTM32 Pro Plate, i try to update from software 1.0.01 to 1.0.5, but when i put a plate in BOOT mode, and uploda with Flash Loader Demo , i go thru all steps like it should be, but at the end all i have on LCD is 2 Fat LINES and that is it, what i m missing here ??

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:31 am

bavant wrote:Hi Guys!!

I i mnew with GTM32 Pro Plate, i try to update from software 1.0.01 to 1.0.5, but when i put a plate in BOOT mode, and uploda with Flash Loader Demo , i go thru all steps like it should be, but at the end all i have on LCD is 2 Fat LINES and that is it, what i m missing here ??
Hi,It seems that the firmware was uploaded incorrectly.By the way,which uploading software are you using?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

jotadark

Post by jotadark » Fri May 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Hell, I have a m201 with GTM32 Pro, I tried to update from software 1.0.01 to 1.0.5,
I put it in BOOT mode and uploaded with Flash Loader Demo, It finished without error, remove the boot mode pin and now it won't boot again. I tried many times.

Thanks

eltonaappl@gmail.com

Post by eltonaappl@gmail.com » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:30 pm

Dear friends, I have a m201 with gtm32 Pro B board, I do not know what to do, I can not find the firmware updated for it, I am in version 1.0.3 going through several problems, please somebody help me.
Thank you all

panzo

Post by panzo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:03 pm

Hello,
i have m201 with 1.0.1 firmware and ia want to upgrade to 1.0.5 i have read the steps and i think that are straight forward but i can not understand how to identify if my board is GTM32 Pro or GTM32
could you please help me?

panzo

Post by panzo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:28 am

Hello i have m201 with firmware 1.0.1 and i want to upgrade to 1.0.5 but i dont know how to recognise if i have GTM32 Pro or GTM32 board could you please help?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:22 pm

You can check the silk on the board. It says it is which board.GTM32 Pro RevB or GTM32 RevB or GTM32 Pro RevA.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Ranabatics

Newly updated Firmware V1.0.5 for Prusa I3 M201

Post by Ranabatics » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:21 pm

Hello,

I have a Prusa I3 M201 (2 extrusor but only one nozzle) with GT2560 board and I don't find the right firmware.
I search in the forum, but I found the link at GTM32 board, only (the main link at GT2560 board send at many I3 pro version, but not at M301).

Can you help me?