Delta Rostock mini G2 dual firmware for GT2560

zhangxueyou

Re: Delta Rostock mini G2 dual firmware for GT2560

Post by zhangxueyou » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:43 am

Could you please show me which part of the wiki is wrong? We will correct it soon.

Firstly, please check if the x endstop is well connected, it should be connected to X MAX.
The firmware has been sent to your email.

icarusfactor

Post by icarusfactor » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:30 pm

All the end stops are working and return M119 data correctly, its just the X axis always goes away from it. Its the X axis stepper motor itself causing the problem.
You could do something like a pull the wires from the stepper and swap them to change the phase to force an invert, or maybe the pololu drivers have an option for this.
I think its something in the default firmware code maybe in the Configuration_adv.h file not setup for today's Deltas. I have had this problem with other deltas and got stuck here.

Yes , I received the firmware from Cheung, but lots of files were missing for it to load and compile. (i.e. time.h <- not the Arduino Time.h lib , another file called time.h among many others.) So I matched the standard Marlin firmware Configuration.h which works except the Auto Leveling(which I disabled for now) and this X stepper issue. I can work on the auto leveling code later and be happy enough. But need the X axis stepper to work correctly to print.

So my question would be, any clues on stepper motor configuration in the firmware or maybe the pololu driver is connected wrong like the hotend temp sensor was.

Here is the wiki link with incorrect temp sensor and hotend data.
http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... nstruction

Image of the board layout.
http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/File:Wiring1.jpg

Temp sensor 1 and 2 and hotend extruder heater 1 and 2 plugin are backwards.

icarusfactor

Post by icarusfactor » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:35 pm

Setting the X direction opposite of the others in firmware fixed the problem.

#define INVERT_X_DIR false // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR true // for Mendel set to true, for Orca set to false
#define INVERT_Z_DIR true // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true

Now i'm on to calibration.

icarusfactor

Post by icarusfactor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:01 pm

I have gotten everything working except the auto leveling stuff, But I manually leveled the bed. So that is ok , I can work on that later.
The reversed motor issue I found while leveling, was due to the belt and mount being backwards and then switch the direction of X again
to align with the rest of them.

liamvans

Post by liamvans » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:03 am

My printer is fully functional with a few exceptions.

My autoleveling is faulty - My manual controls work perfectly, but when I send the G29 command the hotends try to leave its own frame and then dances around in a circle while increasing height in an upwards spiral... I tried to print a calibration square without the G29 command and it started to print perfectly fine, but then it randomly increased its height over 100mm and continued printing...

I put the three probing positions into a script and that works perfectly fine, the manual controls and the homing works fine too.

Also in your wiki it explains us to pay attention to the red values, are we supposed to change our firmware to the red values or are we supposed to measure and configure our own values that are highlighted red?

I am puzzled on how to determine values for DELTA_EFFECTOR_OFFSET and DELTA_CARRIAGE_OFFSET because they require me to measure a horizontal distance with reference to the hot ends... My printer is a dual extruder but there is only one value required. What extruder do you make reference to? And since their is two extruders the distances from all the diagonal rods or the carraiges would vary because neither one of them is in the centre of the spider...

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:15 am

liamvans wrote:My printer is fully functional with a few exceptions.

My autoleveling is faulty - My manual controls work perfectly, but when I send the G29 command the hotends try to leave its own frame and then dances around in a circle while increasing height in an upwards spiral... I tried to print a calibration square without the G29 command and it started to print perfectly fine, but then it randomly increased its height over 100mm and continued printing...

I put the three probing positions into a script and that works perfectly fine, the manual controls and the homing works fine too.

Also in your wiki it explains us to pay attention to the red values, are we supposed to change our firmware to the red values or are we supposed to measure and configure our own values that are highlighted red?

I am puzzled on how to determine values for DELTA_EFFECTOR_OFFSET and DELTA_CARRIAGE_OFFSET because they require me to measure a horizontal distance with reference to the hot ends... My printer is a dual extruder but there is only one value required. What extruder do you make reference to? And since their is two extruders the distances from all the diagonal rods or the carraiges would vary because neither one of them is in the centre of the spider...
Hi, you can refer to this page to calibrate your printer after assembly:
http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... erify_code

Buzz

Post by Buzz » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:28 pm

I am looking for the firmware for G2S. I doubt the controller is preloaded with the firmware configured for G2S. The build instruction in the Wiki does not have a link please send me the file. Thank you.

SteveShein

Post by SteveShein » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:34 am

icarusfactor wrote:Setting the X direction opposite of the others in firmware fixed the problem.

Can someone please help a newbie out and give me the step by step instructions to do this or a web page I can visit?

The reversed x axis motor tore apart my carriage, I would really like to see a print come off of this Rostock Mini G2

anubisragnarok

Post by anubisragnarok » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:56 am

I appear to be having homing issues as well on my G2S. Could I have a copy of the correct firmware as well? My homing was working until adjusting the manual Z level to prevent the print head from crashing into the bed.

Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:58 am

SteveShein wrote:
icarusfactor wrote:Setting the X direction opposite of the others in firmware fixed the problem.

Can someone please help a newbie out and give me the step by step instructions to do this or a web page I can visit?

The reversed x axis motor tore apart my carriage, I would really like to see a print come off of this Rostock Mini G2

hi,friends,why you modifed the firmware. the firmware is ok.if circuit of motor is diversed(motor's own problem),you could modify the firmware according to the above method.and now,you have to reburn the correct firmware.remenber not modify the firmware at your pleases.