Extrusion Problem (Haunted?)

RaySkye

Extrusion Problem (Haunted?)

Post by RaySkye » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:57 am

Hello all,

I have been dealing with a very strange issue that I hope you can help me with.

I recently set up my i3 pro w. I had some issues with the Z axis but the extrusion was fine.

Eventually I kinda fixed the Z issue and printed out a perfect calibration cube and 3/4 of a Benchy.

I tried some different filament (eSun forest green) and I immediately started to get feeding issues. Instead of a nice thick line I was getting a whispy little thread that would get picked back up by the hot end.

I switched back to the old filament (Hatchbox black).

I was able to get it to print once (I replaced the upper bracket, i3-08) and have since not been able to get it to print more than a whisper.

I do not hear clicking coming from the extruder and I am able to force the filament while it prints. At best this gets me 1-2 inches of line on the bed before it stops.

I have raised the hot end above the bed and confirmed that it is indeed, not putting anything out.

I have tried everything but replacing my nozzle and those have been ordered.

I would really like to not have to replace a part on a machine that is literally 2 weeks old.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Extrusion Problem (Haunted?)

Post by _kaktus_ » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:48 pm

Hi
:mrgreen:

I am glad that you have described your case in such detail :!:
I know what you are writing about because a few days ago I was in a similar situation. :roll:

At the moment I am at the stage of disassembly and cleaning the head and Hot end.

:D

Apparently not every filament is of sufficient quality.
Or not every diameter of the nozzle is suitable for the selected filaments. :?:

It is difficult to clearly identify the cause.
Maybe an expert to the filament would have something to say in this matter. :idea:
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Hi
:mrgreen:

See what has happened to me. :?
zatkana_rurka.jpg
zatkana_rurka.jpg (253.84 KiB) Viewed 6724 times
This is the tip of the PTFE tube, removed from the head.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:07 pm

@RaySkye

I'm wondering what causes this behavior of the filament. :roll:

I think of one of the parameters determining the quality of the material. :idea:
It is the density g/cm3.
I think that it significantly affects the ability of the melted material to flow out.
Temperature can also have little effect on this.

Could you compare this parameter for your filament types?
:D