Pro B MK8 Extruder

PauloSilva

Pro B MK8 Extruder

Post by PauloSilva » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:38 pm

hello, i constantly get my extruder kind of cloged.
I already tried everything but just after 100mm or less of extrusion it starts getting difficult to extrude then eventually stops extruding filament.
Done: 9.0v stepper motor, pressure on the spring, clean nozzle, change filament, temperature between 190 and 210, change settings,
everything with no results.

This is my second Pro B printer, the first one did not had a problem, this one can't print anything at all
Thank you.

William
Site Admin

Re: Pro B MK8 Extruder

Post by William » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:49 pm

hello,there is a video about how to clean MK8 extruder.viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16414
And calm down,be more patient,you'll make it.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

PauloSilva

Post by PauloSilva » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:55 am

yeah, my nozzle keeps jaming...

Elektroboy

Post by Elektroboy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:21 pm

i am also having major problems with extruder. the gear wheel turns fine, just stops extruding on almost every print. thought it was the spring tension, so printed a cup to go under spring that takes small washers to adjust tension. spring really tight now but still problems. just printed an item that had blobs of pla on it where the heat was obviously too high. this leads me to suspect that the temperature at the nozzle is fluctuating wildly, despite the lcd showing fairly consistent temperature, causing jamming of the nozzle. any ideas what might cause this ?

Loudehner

Post by Loudehner » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:08 am

Elektroboy, I have the EXACT issue and am also currently looking to fix. Lets keep each other posted if we find one.

m_kramar

Post by m_kramar » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:20 pm

I had the same issue and found the problem
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19063

Elektroboy

Post by Elektroboy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:13 pm

m_kramer

just seen your post and i agree. changed hotend and thermistor etc, decided to take feeder lever apart as last result and sure enough, broken axle. new extruder testing now, hopefully all will be fine.

loudhner... tried to pm you but no joy. hope you see this

Frank_Hon

Post by Frank_Hon » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:54 am

maybe the feeder problem,you can change a new feeder for a try.

alang

Post by alang » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:27 am

I had similar issues. In fact the L shaped extruder arm was cracked. Replaced with the aluminium replacement (about $US8) and haven't looked back since.
Only issue is that the aluminium kit is slightly wider than the plastic one, so the screws were slightly too short. I counterbored the holes in the fan so that the screws could reach the stepper motor. Extruder is working perfectly now.

Elektroboy

Post by Elektroboy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:54 pm

I think these plastic extruders Geeetech use seem problematic, but at least it looks like thats one problem resolved.
I have to say that since changing the extruder, and of course the bent or oversized guide rods that seem to be shipped with some units, the pro B is now printing as well as any of my other printers, if not slightly better !! In fact its now my goto printer for the parts I sell. Never thought Id hear myself saying that.