Extruder pulling the PLA

ariel.ramraz@gmail.com

Extruder pulling the PLA

Post by ariel.ramraz@gmail.com » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:23 pm

Hello,
I have Geetech 3d Mini desktop printer and sometimes the extruder has difficulties pulling the PLA, is it possible on this printer to add another pulling motor ?

William
Site Admin

Re: Extruder pulling the PLA

Post by William » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:08 pm

ariel.ramraz@gmail.com wrote:Hello,
I have Geetech 3d Mini desktop printer and sometimes the extruder has difficulties pulling the PLA, is it possible on this printer to add another pulling motor ?
Hi,
Maybe the driver module's(A4988) driver abilities is not enough.You can increase it by adjusting the potentiometer.Refer the pic below:
0.png
0.png (164.62 KiB) Viewed 10681 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

ariel.ramraz@gmail.com

Post by ariel.ramraz@gmail.com » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:16 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, I'll try checking it out but not sure this is the issue, sometimes the material comes a bit tight on the wheel and then the printer has difficulties pulling it, I saw in different printers that they have additional motor that help pulling the material.

thanks

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:00 pm

ariel.ramraz@gmail.com wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, I'll try checking it out but not sure this is the issue, sometimes the material comes a bit tight on the wheel and then the printer has difficulties pulling it, I saw in different printers that they have additional motor that help pulling the material.

thanks
Well,you can check it first and tell me what it goes on.Additionally,one motor is enough cuz it mainly matters the driver abilities.
Good Luck

AnimA

Post by AnimA » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:15 pm

HI!! I have the same problem! :( i read in some articles that i have to test the voltage (Vref) without the jumper, it is correct? and in this post i read that it is necessary shut off the printer when i am adjusting the potentiometer, is it true?...

Thanks

AnimA

Post by AnimA » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:19 pm

HI!! I have the same problem! :( i read in some articles that i have to test the voltage (Vref) without the jumper, it is correct? and in this post i read that it is necessary shut off the printer when i am adjusting the potentiometer, it is true?..

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:51 am

AnimA wrote:HI!! I have the same problem! :( i read in some articles that i have to test the voltage (Vref) without the jumper, it is correct? and in this post i read that it is necessary shut off the printer when i am adjusting the potentiometer, it is true?..
Hi,
It may not true,if you cut off the power of your printer,then how does the voltage come from?

AnimA

Post by AnimA » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:01 pm

i done a lot of tests ( printed 5 times the same piece) and i saw that these problems are all times in the same point in every print, it can be the softwate slic3r? now i explain this, slic3r don't work fine now, it crash
frequently and the program close by error! this happened when i modify the setting on slic3r and i saved all, since this moment every day it crash... i tried to print an old GCODE file (that i saved when slic3r worked fine) and the printer printed it without problem (it was very small)... Conclusion: i want to try to delete completly Slic3r and download again it without importation of configuration (clean installation), format my SD. i will write to you if the problem was slic3r or if i didn't solve my problem... Thanks!