hotbed/extruder is not heated up(GT2560/GTM32/sanguinololu)

William
Site Admin

Re: hotbed/extruder is not heated up(GT2560/GTM32/sanguinolo

Post by William » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:26 am

Hi,@ ggrshelton,it can be replaced with the fuse and its base, but you need to find people of electronic repair shop help you welding,Can you give me your email address? Sellers will contact you later.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

ggrshelton

Post by ggrshelton » Sat May 20, 2017 11:14 am

I received a replacement board for my I3 A Pro with the 3-in-1 3D printer control box because the 15A hotbed fuse burnt. I downloaded the firmware posted on Geeetech's website for the "I3 A Pro with the 3-in-1 3D printer control box". When I used Arduino 1.8.2 to verify the firmware, I received the following error message:
C:\Users\sheltog\Documents\Personal\Geeetech\Marlin_Firmware\PI3A Pro\Marlin\Marlin.ino:44:101: fatal error: U8glib.h: No such file or directory
#include <U8glib.h> // library for graphics LCD by Oli Kraus (https://code.google.com/p/u8glib/)
When I added U8glib.h library, I received the following error message:
Build options changed, rebuilding all
In file included from sketch\language.h:225:0,
from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:53:
sketch\language_en.h:166:45: warning: invalid suffix on literal; C++11 requires a space between literal and string macro [-Wliteral-suffix]
#define MSG_MIN " "LCD_STR_THERMOMETER " Min"
sketch\language_en.h:169:45: warning: invalid suffix on literal; C++11 requires a space between literal and string macro [-Wliteral-suffix]
#define MSG_MAX " "LCD_STR_THERMOMETER " Max"
sketch\language_en.h:172:45: warning: invalid suffix on literal; C++11 requires a space between literal and string macro [-Wliteral-suffix]
#define MSG_FACTOR " "LCD_STR_THERMOMETER " Fact"
In file included from sketch\SdFile.h:27:0,
from sketch\cardreader.h:8,
from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:50:
SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'
struct fpos_t {
In file included from sketch\Marlin.h:10:0,

Can Geeetech please specify a proper version of the firmware that Arduino can verify without error so that I can get my printer working again!!!!!! If I need to utilize an older version of Arduino, please specify version level of Arduino.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon May 22, 2017 3:22 pm

ggrshelton wrote:I received a replacement board for my I3 A Pro with the 3-in-1 3D printer control box because the 15A hotbed fuse burnt. I downloaded the firmware posted on Geeetech's website for the "I3 A Pro with the 3-in-1 3D printer control box". When I used Arduino 1.8.2 to verify the firmware, I received the following error message:
C:\Users\sheltog\Documents\Personal\Geeetech\Marlin_Firmware\PI3A Pro\Marlin\Marlin.ino:44:101: fatal error: U8glib.h: No such file or directory
#include <U8glib.h> // library for graphics LCD by Oli Kraus (https://code.google.com/p/u8glib/)
When I added U8glib.h library, I received the following error message:
Build options changed, rebuilding all
In file included from sketch\language.h:225:0,
from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:53:
sketch\language_en.h:166:45: warning: invalid suffix on literal; C++11 requires a space between literal and string macro [-Wliteral-suffix]
#define MSG_MIN " "LCD_STR_THERMOMETER " Min"
sketch\language_en.h:169:45: warning: invalid suffix on literal; C++11 requires a space between literal and string macro [-Wliteral-suffix]
#define MSG_MAX " "LCD_STR_THERMOMETER " Max"
sketch\language_en.h:172:45: warning: invalid suffix on literal; C++11 requires a space between literal and string macro [-Wliteral-suffix]
#define MSG_FACTOR " "LCD_STR_THERMOMETER " Fact"
In file included from sketch\SdFile.h:27:0,
from sketch\cardreader.h:8,
from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:50:
SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'
struct fpos_t {
In file included from sketch\Marlin.h:10:0,

Can Geeetech please specify a proper version of the firmware that Arduino can verify without error so that I can get my printer working again!!!!!! If I need to utilize an older version of Arduino, please specify version level of Arduino.
It will be more stable if you use Arduino 1.0.1.

ggrshelton

Post by ggrshelton » Mon May 22, 2017 10:13 pm

I used Arduino 1.0.1 and was able to load the Firmware onto the GT2560 board. When I turn on the printer and activate the extruder and hot bed, the extruder heats up, but the hot bed does not. I checked the fuses and they both have 12V on both ends. When I check the Heater 1 terminals, they have 12V. When I check the Hot Bed terminals, they have 0V.

Since power is being applied to the Hot Bed fuse, shouldn't there be power at the Hot Bed Terminals?

Is the board defective?
Attachments
GT2560.png
Voltage Verification
GT2560.png (882.95 KiB) Viewed 25585 times

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue May 23, 2017 10:36 am

ggrshelton wrote:I used Arduino 1.0.1 and was able to load the Firmware onto the GT2560 board. When I turn on the printer and activate the extruder and hot bed, the extruder heats up, but the hot bed does not. I checked the fuses and they both have 12V on both ends. When I check the Heater 1 terminals, they have 12V. When I check the Hot Bed terminals, they have 0V.

Since power is being applied to the Hot Bed fuse, shouldn't there be power at the Hot Bed Terminals?

Is the board defective?
The voltage of hot bed terminals will output only when you give a heating up command to the board.Here is a troubleshooting post about why hotbed is not heated up,and you can refer to it:http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19&t=17039.

ggrshelton

Post by ggrshelton » Wed May 24, 2017 11:57 am

I checked the power on LED's for the hotbed and extruder and discovered that the hotbed LED was not illuminated when power was applied to the board. I then inspected the surface mounted fuse holder for the hot bed fuse. It was loose on one end from the board, which is why power was not being transferred to the hotbed. After experiencing a burnt 15A fuse failure on the original board followed by a replacement board with unsoldered hotbed surface mounted fuse holder, I can only assume that Geeetech has an issue with the GT2560 board. If you check the number of reviews of this post it is almost 10,000.

I was able to grind down a soldering tip for my solder iron and re-attach one side of the hotbed fuse holder to the PCB and am back up and running. I have no idea if when I increase to an ABS hotbed temperature of 100C the solder joint will hold? It appears that the weak point of Geeetech's PCB is the ability to supply sufficient current to the hotbed.

Prism blue

Re: hotbed/extruder is not heated up(GT2560/GTM32/sanguinololu)

Post by Prism blue » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:12 am

all the pictures are of a different board , the hotbed heats up and the hotend shows 0/0 this is what my board looks like when it's trying to print but the hotend is not heating up. U can see the lights that are red in the first photo and in the second photo the light marked D11 is blinking yellow I have no clue any help would be great
Screenshot_20190216-100648.png
Screenshot_20190216-100648.png (1.52 MiB) Viewed 21510 times
Screenshot_20190216-100701.png
Screenshot_20190216-100701.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 21510 times
Screenshot_20190216-100707.png
Screenshot_20190216-100707.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 21510 times

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:58 am

Hello.
:mrgreen:

I suggest that you get acquainted with this topic.

Maybe there is a break in the measuring circuit, you have to diagnose it.

What model of printer do you have :?:
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

Prism blue

Post by Prism blue » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:25 am

My printer model is Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 2 in 1 out your info does help a lot still not sure got to sit down and spend some time on it to figure it out don't have a lot of time I seem to be working to often but any info u may have helps a lot thank u

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Hello, a new user of this wonderful model.
:mrgreen:

From the link that I gave you you will find out what is the task of each LED, and you will not be surprised anymore.
You will start to understand what is going on and what functions are performed by the controller board.
This is basic information.

Coming back to the lack of indication of the measured temperature.
This state can be obtained after disconnecting the measuring element, which is a thermistor mounted in the head block.

Do you now know what you should check in your printer. If necessary, I can give further advice.

If you want you can also get acquainted with the content of this information.
;)

Since you are a new user you will have to find time to get to know this machine. The faster and deeper you do it, the less things will surprise you in the future.
I wish you perseverance. Every DIY construction takes a lot of time.
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.