Extruder motor d'ont work, please help me!

zhangxueyou

Re: Extruder motor d'ont work, please help me!

Post by zhangxueyou » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:35 pm

ric chin wrote:I have just received a Prusa I3 pro c...purchased 2015-6-17, from shenzhen getech co...contact Jerry...assembly went well except for 2 unthreaded wing nuts and a screw that was to short for the x axis belt adjuster..
all motor test went well filament heater works ...but no feed...
tried all the topics mentioned here ... I haven't adjusted the voltage, or got a firmware upload, as far as i can tell...motors work fine on x axis, just no signal from motor controller for the extruder motors...even swapped out motor controllers ... both work fine on x axis...is it the voltage? or firm ware? does temp of filament heater prevent turning?...how do I test this....I have not yet received firmware...didn't even know?...very sketchy manual ...i would like to have it working soon.

clear test instructions would be nice...and a test program...

I would like to be happy about my purchase.
Can you extruder the filament by your hand? Is the temperature high enough when you try to extrude the filament? What are the output voltage from the PSU? Are they both 12V?

ric chin

Post by ric chin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:51 am

I had to Switch to Cura software...the heating of the ailment actually happens...but then there is a problem where a max temp error occurs...

I have not seen the machine move yet... with any ones soft ware

Repieter software won't even talk to it other than connect..but does nothing.

you run the G-code and nothing...i can manually move the machine by the nob on the pruse panel...and auto it home...but thats it.

ric chin

Post by ric chin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:53 am

I had to Switch to Cura software...the heating of the ailment actually happens...but then there is a problem where a max temp error occurs...

you run the G-code and nothing...i can manually move the machine by the nob on the pruse panel...and auto it home...but thats it.

there is filament dripping from the extruder...

headphones1

Post by headphones1 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:15 am

zhangxueyou wrote:
ric chin wrote:I have just received a Prusa I3 pro c...purchased 2015-6-17, from shenzhen getech co...contact Jerry...assembly went well except for 2 unthreaded wing nuts and a screw that was to short for the x axis belt adjuster..
tried all the topics mentioned here ... I haven't adjusted the voltage, or got a firmware upload, as far as i can tell...motors work fine on x axis, just no signal from motor controller for the extruder motors...even swapped out motor controllers ... both work fine on x axis...is it the voltage? or firm ware? does temp of filament heater prevent turning?...how do I test this....I have not yet received firmware...didn't even know?...very sketchy manual ...i would like to have it working soon.

Can you extruder the filament by your hand? Is the temperature high enough when you try to extrude the filament? What are the output voltage from the PSU? Are they both 12V?
Is this a board problem? I have the prusa i3 pro c and the second extruder never worked, and now the first one stopped.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:41 am

ric chin wrote:I had to Switch to Cura software...the heating of the ailment actually happens...but then there is a problem where a max temp error occurs...

there is filament dripping from the extruder...
Now, is your issue that you can't control your printer by computer?
If so, you should check if baud rate is correct, it should be 250000.
And to protect the extruder motor, it can not move unless the temperature is more than 180 degrees.
We use Repetier-Host 1.0.6 to control the printer usually(link:http://www.repetier.com/download-now/).
When LCD displays "max temp error" you should check if somewhere of thermistor wire is short circuit, or check if themistor is bad.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:50 am

headphones1 wrote:
zhangxueyou wrote:

Is this a board problem? I have the prusa i3 pro c and the second extruder never worked, and now the first one stopped.
It can't easily draw such a conclusion, the when the temperature is less than 180 degrees, the extruder motor can not move.
And the motor not moving may be caused by several reasons: the motor is bad, the motor driver is dead, the motor wire is bad, the firmware was not completely uploaded, etc.
Please try to print with the attachment , if you use PLA, please print "test dual for PLA", if you are using ABS , print with "test dual for ABS".
Test dual.zip
(35.59 KiB) Downloaded 508 times

ric chin

Post by ric chin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:30 am

Thank you for all your help...there are many steps to go through to correct these issues...this is a new industry ...still, i thought i waited long enough...i will try to stifle my frustrations and carry out the recommendations...

ric chin

extruder motors do not work...and why the plastic guide tube

Post by ric chin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:43 pm

Well I took the extruders apart..removed the pinch roller and nozzle assembly. they where blocked by the plastic guide tube that had completely melted inside the heat tube...what the hell?...removed that..and cleared the tube...why do you have that "plastic" guide tube in a heating device...
did the voltage thing on the motor controllers..couldnt find the 1 volt to ground he was talking about...but did find a 11.58 to 12.05 volt variance from the heat sinks to the screw...so I set the voltage on the extruder motors to 12.00 volts..the others measured 11.58 without me touching them...heated the nozzles to 240 deg...until i could push through the filament...through the nozzle...turned the lcd2004 to extruder....turned it up, turned it down...nothing happened dam extruder motors don't turn...work fine when plugged into y axis though...t.
Last edited by ric chin on Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

zhangxueyou

Re: extruder motors do not work...and why the plastic guide

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:52 pm

ric chin wrote:Well I took the extruders apart..removed the pinch roller and nozzle assembly. they where blocked by the plastic guide tube that had completely melted inside the heat tube...what the hell?...removed that..and cleared the tube...why do you have that "plastic" guide tube in a heating device...
did the voltage thing on the motor controllers..couldnt find the 1 volt to ground he was talking about...but did find a 11.58 to 12.05 volt variance from the heat sinks to the screw...so I set the voltage on the extruder motors to 12.00 volts..the others measured 11.58 without me touching them...heated the nozzles to 240 deg...until i could push through the filament...through the nozzle...turned the lcd2004 to extruder....turned it up, turned it down...nothing happened dam extruder motors don't turn...work fine when plugged into y axis though...so what the hell am i buying from you now to make this dam thing work......i need to speak with someone at your company directly..if not i will be on Facebook bitchin about this.....not frigging happy at this point.
The "plastic guid tube" you said is PTFE tube, which is used to confirm the filament can be fed into nozzle. Usually it won't be melted even the temperature is 240 degrees. PTFE tube is necessary.
Now let's confirm something, is everything of the printer functional except extruder even after you re-uploaded the firmware?

ric chin

Post by ric chin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:27 am

I took the extruders apart..removed the pinch roller and nozzle assembly. they where blocked by the plastic guide tube that had completely melted inside the heat tube...what the hell?...removed that..and cleared the tube...why do you have that "plastic" guide tube in a heating device?
did the voltage thing on the motor controllers..couldn't find the 1 volt to ground he was talking about...but did find a 11.58 to 12.05 volt variance from the heat sinks to the screw...so I set the voltage on the extruder motors to 12.00 volts..the others measured 11.58 without me touching them...heated the nozzles to 240 deg...until i could push through the filament...through the nozzle...turned the lcd2004 to extruder....turned it up, turned it down...nothing happened, extruder motors don't turn...work fine when plugged into y axis though...

I then ran the "Test dual heads" program on another post with no pinch rollers. and pla in the nozzles..extruders detached from the machine, the stepper motors with their gear removed and marked with tape and a black marker for position...it ran the entire program without the head steppers turning once...this is using the GT2560 board...trying to get the marlin firmware...hope fully that will solve the extruder issue...other than that I am enamoured by the ease and convenience of the product...although i haven't been able to print anything..yet..a minor set back..i anticipate doing so very soon.

I'm already plotting what to order next for it...

The picture in the post "extruder" on how to test and all the test procedures have been extremely useful in solving these issues..it would be nice if they where grouped in a forum area like "Answers and tests"..so as to be easier to find...or direct consumers too first.

Thanks.