Me Mini: Extruder Motor Jiggles or Dead

Alex999

Me Mini: Extruder Motor Jiggles or Dead

Post by Alex999 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:38 am

Hi Geeetech!

After having started to print with my mini the first thing that I printed was a small dice.
Thereafter I have tried to print several small object with or without success.
Last weekend when I tried to print an object which was pretty simple 5x2x0.6 cm square, the motor for the extruder suddenly stopped a few layers in, I retried, cleaned the bed, started a new job, and a few layer in it started to jiggle the extruder cog back and forth (a couple of mm to the left and right) but no plastic was extruded.

I do an Emergency stop or Kill Job, and then try to extrude, and it refuses, it is dead.
I am connected to the printer, I have heat in the extruder but the motor either jiggles or is dead.
I turn of the printer power, and disconnect it from the computer - so no USB power.
Start the printer connect the USB, connect again then the extruder works.
If I start to print it starts fine a few layers and then fails again. It uses the plastic already in the extruder.

I removed the plastic and cleaned the pipe.
Turned of the printer, turned on and tried again, it works before the job and when the job starts its the same result.

I thought it could be something on the computer so I reinstalled Win XPSp3, computer drivers, .net and Repetier.
Same problem occurs.
I tried to print the dice again, same problem.
There are no errors in the log.

I slice with slic3r.
In total I have printed maybe 25 cm3.

Best regards,
/Alex

zhangxueyou

Re: Me Mini: Extruder Motor Jiggles or Dead

Post by zhangxueyou » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:47 am

Did you set the slicer correctly?

Alex999

Post by Alex999 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:59 am

Hi Again!

I read about the similiar problem
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 215#p21215

So I tried to change the position of the wire for the extruder, and it started to work again.
After a few more prints, the xtruder step motor died again.

So I turned of the printer and disconnected it from the power and computer and detached the cable from the step motor and the wire to the circuit board, and checked it with a multimeter. And it showed that the blue wire was dead, there was no connection.
How can I get a new wire?

Kind regards,
/Alex

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:15 am

You can talk to our customer service.

rita

Post by rita » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:30 pm

Hello, Alex, please tell me whare you get it and your order number, we will send you a replacment soon. Thanks :)