J-head leak

jeanjesuis

J-head leak

Post by jeanjesuis » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:40 am

Hi,

I just finished building my prusa printer (I was helped by a friend which builded 3 3D printers) and I faced an issue with the J-head : some molten filament leaves on top of the heating component and also between the nozzle and the heating component.

Now, I really need to have my 3D printer working but this seems to be an insoluble issue.

Thanks,

Jean
Attachments
Head.jpg
J-head leak
Head.jpg (295.65 KiB) Viewed 7803 times

Alex-w

Re: J-head leak

Post by Alex-w » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:04 pm

I'm sorry to appear this kind of phenomenon, I checked photos carefully your provide.
I think the hotend leak a lot Maybe due to no tightening between 1 and 2, Refer to the attached figure.
so I suggest you clean up the leak, tightening between 1 and 2, Then, I think it will work perfectly.
you can try it again, thank you, Best regards!
ATTACHMENTS
Attachments
jichuji.jpg
jichuji.jpg (24.35 KiB) Viewed 7766 times

jeanjesuis

Post by jeanjesuis » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have made several tests, however it appears that, although when the head is cold it is possible to tight correctly, as soon as the head has a 200 C temperature, the nozzle is like "free", and a space appears between the nozzle where the hot filament is "expulsed"...
So it can't print correctly as this additionally filament fall down on the print...

Any other idea ?

Thanks

Jean Jesuis

Alex-w

Post by Alex-w » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:13 pm

dear friend:
sorry to hear that,you can use Sealing grease or screw thread to tight the hotend up。