Control box

pspence

Control box

Post by pspence » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:18 pm

I received and assembled a new A30 yesterday and printed the trial model very successfully, however when I connected it today to the EasyPrint software the printed stopped working correctly.
The A30 was not on the list of printers and the software automatically connected as a D200. (Since then I have found a later version of the software with the A30 listed but the control box still does not work correctly).
The printing plate moves too far to the back and the machine jerks violently until I switch it off. I tried several times and the printing nozzle has scored into the plate leaving behind long marks as the plate automatically moves to the back and starts to vibrate again.
Most of the switches on the control panel don't work, especially the switch marked 'settings' where I think the factory default setting is located, which means I cannot do a factory re-set which perhaps would solve the problem.
Until this happened the machine worked really well and I was looking forward to using it.
Has anyone any suggestions how I might get it working again?

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Control box

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi
:mrgreen:

I think you need to familiarize yourself with the firmware update procedure. Once you know what and how to do, do it.

If the operator panel is working, check the number of the current software.
You can try to restore the default settings, and then try to move the axis drive manually.

;)
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

pspence

Re: Control box

Post by pspence » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:02 pm

Yes, I have just managed to do that and it looks like it is working fine again. I hope there has not been much damage done.
Thanks very much.