Assembled but cannot get "manual control" Please Help!?

wzsims

Assembled but cannot get "manual control" Please Help!?

Post by wzsims » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:41 am

Hello Geeetech World,

Over the winter, I successfully (I think) assembled my I3 X Pro. After years of doing hardware repair on apple laptops, that part was fairly easy for me. After attempting to jump into printing, I was stumped by the software side of things, never got a single print off, and am just getting the courage up to try it again.

If any of you have encountered this or know of a solution, I would be very grateful.

Working on Macbook Pro running IOS X

I have installed the FTDI-USB Driver as per instructions on vhttps://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/Prusa_I ... d_software

I read several forums and found some information about Merlin and Arduino IDE. I ended up using the Merlin Firmware and I think that was installed correctly but it was several months ago, the printer is not working, and I cannot figure out why or where to start troubleshooting.

I have also installed the Repetier Host for Mac following same Wiki instructions.

I cannot be 100% confident that the drivers are working.
I cannot be 100% confident that I was sent a working GT 2560 Board.

In any case, after following the Print Settings instructions I have selected USB Serial A7000 gIUn and hit Connect on the Repeteir Host. The connection button turns Green but from there, nothing seems to work.

There simply is not a Manual Control option visible to me. Manual control option is pictured on the Wiki Walk Through. I cannot gain access to Manuel Control to even begin to test print or calibrate my printer. I don't even know if my belts are tensioned correctly because I cannot control the printer at all.

If anyone could shed some light on whats happening or where to start that would be just wonderful.
I am totally open to face timing or sending picture or videos if you need more information.
Thank you in advance,
-WZS

William
Site Admin

Re: Assembled but cannot get "manual control" Please Help!?

Post by William » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:04 pm

Before printing you choose "disable motor" on the LCD controller and move the motors to see whether motors get stuck, if that is ok, then change a USB port to act your printer.
if these can not help you ,please attach a video with your issue.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

wzsims

Post by wzsims » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:50 am

I cant seem to upload videos directly to this site so here is a link to vimeo I made:

https://vimeo.com/227550873 - Lack of Manual Control

Some other updates: when I hit Home All from LCD or from Repetier, the tray moves forward and back ( https://vimeo.com/227551427 )and the left side vertical stepper begins to spin. The rights side does not move. ( https://vimeo.com/227551598 )

https://vimeo.com/227551112 - shows my print settings and inability to disable steppers from the LCD

I'm encouraged that I am able to control the printer at all through Repetier. This includes hitting Home All and then hitting Emergency Stop when I became concerned that only one side of the vertable steppers was moving.

I'm still stumped about how to proceed. Do you think this is Firmware, Hardware, or Software related? Or some combination.

Thanks in advance for all your helps.

pianotech70

Post by pianotech70 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:23 pm

I had major trouble getting my GEEETECH 301 to recognize Repetier and to get anything working until I had someone tell me to run Repetier without starting up the online Repetier connection. The online link goofed me up every time. When I ran it locally, everything worked. The local program fights with the online link somehow, at least on my computer.

pianotech70

Post by pianotech70 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:30 pm

Also, go to printer settings. Check your scripts and see if they are working according to your particular printer.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:37 pm

You could have a try with the way of pianotech70 ,and i mean that you are able to move axis by hand instead of repetier after you click the "disable motor".
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!