GT2560 - PWM cooling fan ALWAYS on full speed

e415ldc

GT2560 - PWM cooling fan ALWAYS on full speed

Post by e415ldc » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:01 am

I have read the other posts on this and have had no luck resolving my issue.

I am attempting to use cooling on my i3 Pro C Acrylic printer. Everything I have read says to use the PWM Fan port at the top of the GT2560 control board. I have printed parts to setup the cooling system on the extruder carriage. I have taken the original 40mm three wire fans from the kit and connected them via a PWM "Y" cable to the PWM Fan port. I replaced the original 10mm x 40mm x 40mm fans with 20mm x 40mm x 40mm fans with only two wires since they will always run at 100% anyway.

My issue is :

The cooling fans connected to the PWM Fan port are ALWAYS ON. I have gone through the slic3r documentation and settings and have made what i thought were the correct changes, but there is no affect on the fans. Using the FAN setting in Repettier also has no affect on the fans. The fans go to full power as soon as the power switch is turned on.

Anything I've missed? Is there a setting in the firmware that needs to be changed? I've seen no reference to anything in the firmware, but who knows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I accidentally posted this in the Easy Print topic previously and did not know how to move it.

William
Site Admin

Re: GT2560 - PWM cooling fan ALWAYS on full speed

Post by William » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:01 pm

Hi,at first,I suggest you to upgrade the latest firmware with EasyPrint 3D.
Here is the download link:
http://www.geeetech.net/firmware/EasyPrint.msi.
And here is the instructional video you can refer to
:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3ua4vM ... pqufTgHOgE.
Please let me know your latest situation after that.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

e415ldc

Post by e415ldc » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:11 pm

Is there some special "FIX" in the firmware via Easy Print? If so, why isn't it documented? If you are saying you think Easy Print is better than the Repetier I'm using, just say so.

I am currently using the Arduino tools for all Firmware changes. I'd prefer to continue this unless shown a really good reason to change. I'd like to stay with what Geeetech has recommended as long as possible.

Thank you though, I will look into the Easy Print stuff (offline).

e415ldc

Newopint95

Post by Newopint95 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:56 am

I would check your Y cable, it sounds like the 12v red and signal yellow wires are wrong. Without a command the PWM has 12v on red, black is common and yellow is the signal. The 3 wire fans will run at full speed without a command if they have 12v on the yellow.

e415ldc

Post by e415ldc » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:07 am

Thank you.

I've noticed the colors the stock Geetech cables use are out of order. Black is in the middle for their wires. So maybe yellow and red are also not what they appear to be.

I'm used to red in the middle with black and "white" flanking it.I will try swapping the red and yellow and see what happens.

e415ldc

Post by e415ldc » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:19 am

I disconnected both of my PWM fans from the Y cable, then I disconnected the Y cable from the controller board. I swapped the control and V+ lines going to the Y-cable and reconnected a single fan. I could not get the fan to go no matter the settings in Slicer or Repetier.

So it would appear there is just no signal being applied via the control wire on the PWM fan output. Possibly the MOSFET driver transistor as described by so many here.

Thank you for your input though.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:08 pm

e415ldc wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:19 am
I disconnected both of my PWM fans from the Y cable, then I disconnected the Y cable from the controller board. I swapped the control and V+ lines going to the Y-cable and reconnected a single fan. I could not get the fan to go no matter the settings in Slicer or Repetier.

So it would appear there is just no signal being applied via the control wire on the PWM fan output. Possibly the MOSFET driver transistor as described by so many here.

Thank you for your input though.

Hi
Here are some tips about testing the fan.
1.find the “Manual Control” in the Repetier-Host.
2.put “M106” or “M107” in the “G-code” which control the fan on/off.
3.the Y cable is ok if the fan starts working after input M106 and stops working after input M107.
Please tell me your latest testing results.
Moreover, the Y cable is responsible for transmitting information,and others for voltage.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!