New Sanguinololu board _ Major Z axis moving problem

William
Site Admin

Re: New Sanguinololu board _ Major Z axis moving problem

Post by William » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:09 am

Hi,You can try to using Pro B to upgrade.
1.png
1.png (5.33 KiB) Viewed 6659 times
If it still don't work,the plan B is upgrading by Arduino.You can find more details in the following link:http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17046.Select the related firmware and upload though Arduino 1.0.1.
Hope it can help and let me konw your new situation.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

DavidP

Post by DavidP » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:07 am

I think that I've solved the problem ...
I couldn't update the firmware through the Easy Print software ... it just timed out ...
I updated both old and new boards with the original "Arduino-1.0.1-windows" & Sanguinololu firmware ...
It didn't make any difference at all ... the boards have been updated quite a few times ...
What is was : -
For some reason the new boards were setting the Z Esteps at 2560 ... and not at the 400 these boards require ... the Z axis was bouncing around so much ... they were probably skipping steps
and causing the homing position to be different from the '0' point to start printing ...
Strangely enough ... whenever I put the old board back in each time ... it had reset itself to the 400 Estep / mm ???
I had never changed it when switching the boards around ???

The only good thing about the problems ... I can change around the boards and flash the firmware in a few minutes ... :twisted:
I also found a way to use up the end of an old roll ... since the print quality didn't really matter the way it was not working ... :evil:

Flintlocke

Post by Flintlocke » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:16 am

DavidP wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:07 am
I think that I've solved the problem ...
I couldn't update the firmware through the Easy Print software ... it just timed out ...
I updated both old and new boards with the original "Arduino-1.0.1-windows" & Sanguinololu firmware ...
It didn't make any difference at all ... the boards have been updated quite a few times ...
What is was : -
For some reason the new boards were setting the Z Esteps at 2560 ... and not at the 400 these boards require ... the Z axis was bouncing around so much ... they were probably skipping steps
and causing the homing position to be different from the '0' point to start printing ...
Strangely enough ... whenever I put the old board back in each time ... it had reset itself to the 400 Estep / mm ???
I had never changed it when switching the boards around ???

The only good thing about the problems ... I can change around the boards and flash the firmware in a few minutes ... :twisted:
I also found a way to use up the end of an old roll ... since the print quality didn't really matter the way it was not working ... :evil:
I know this is a bit of a necro post but I had the same issue.
2560 steps per mm is what was needed for older models using an M* threaded rod instead of a trapezoid lead screw, which needs 400.

Seeing as these settings are stored in EEPROM they stick with the board they were saved on, easy to change in Repetier though in EEPROM configuration.