* SOLVED * Huge problem with GT2560 board

hawth725

Re: * SOLVED * Huge problem with GT2560 board

Post by hawth725 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:33 am

Also pay attention on the current draw of the motor. I also had that jamming issue before. And it was caused by the sealed extruder mechanical assembly. So I converted mine into Bowden type to eliminate the hassle. Good luck then. But again don't forget to check your driver calibration first. It makes a lot of difference.

edautz

Post by edautz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:34 am

I also ordered parts for a bowdon setup. Also ordered a 3D Touch auto level sensor. But first I have to print the part to install the bowden hotend together with the BTouch sensor on the X-axis.

I compiled the firmware today. It resulted in a flash size of 96K. Going to compile it with 3D Touch support. If the size stay under the 120K then I am going to burn a bootloader for easy USB firmware upgrade. The standard Arduino bootloader is only 4K in size. Also a bootloader of 512 bytes is available.

But without the help of this post I could't pull off this.

Thanx again.

edautz

Post by edautz » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:12 pm

Burn new marlin firmware and bootloader on 2560 board with atmega 1280:

My steps:

I used Arduino IDE 1.6.12 including Avrdude 6.3, wich I used for programming Arduino Nano's and ESP8266 board and USBasp V2 AVR programmer.

1: Make USBASP working with Avrdude.
a:Follow the steps in http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic ... msg2862244 and replace the windows USBasp driver.

2: Connect USBasp with the 2560 board.
a: Remove the power jumper of the USBasp.
b: Disconnect SD and LCD connectors of 2560 board.No need to remove other connectors.
c: Connect the USBasp with the SD and LCD pins on the board according the instructions of this forum. Do not connect VCC (5V)! In my case the connectors seems to be turned, but the pinout was correct.
d: Power printer.

3: Make copy of the flash firmware and fuse and lock bits.
a: Start CMD prompt (I used a win7 machine).
b: Make a temporary directory.
c: Somehow using the avrdude.conf in the full path didn't workout. I copied from C:\"Program Files (x86)"\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf to my temp dir.
d: copy flash content: C:\"Program Files (x86)"\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -c -Cavrdude.conf -v -patmega1280 -cusbasp -Pusb -Uflash:r:c:\tempdir\ctcfirmwareorg.hex:i In my case a copy of Marlin 1.0.0 stock firmware.
e: copy fuses and lockbits: C:\"Program Files (x86)"\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -c -Cavrdude.conf -v -patmega1280 -cusbasp -Pusb -Ulock:r:c:\tempdir\lockgt2560.txt:i -Uhfuse:r:c:\tempdir\hfusegt2560.txt:i -Uefuse:r:c c:\tempdir\efusegt2560.txt:i -Ulfuse_dd:r:c:\tempdir\lfusegt2560.txt:i I got an error of the lfuses. They don't apperantly exist. Ignore this error and alle the files should be created on the tempdir except the lfuses file.

4: Burn bootloader.
a: Using Arduino IDE -> Programmer USBasp, then Burn bootloader.

5: Flash firmware.
a: Turn off power printer, reconnect SD and USB connectors.
b: Poweron printer.
c: Connect USB of the printer to PC with Arduino IDE.
d: Select the poper comm port in Arduino IDE.
e: Download Marlin-PI3_Pro_B.zip http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17046. This is Marlin 1.0.2 version.
f: Load it up in Arduino IDE.
g: Fix it by renaming fpos_t variables in SdBaseFile.h and SdBaseFile.cpp to another name like filepos_t fixes it fully. http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?146,691608
h: Modify config.h according your needs. I modified PID settings. Inversion othe X-axis (went wrong way).Homing parameters. Movements and calibration seting.
i: Compile and burn.

Watch for error through all the step, correct if needed.

Firmware seems to be working good now. Made a first test cube, looking good.

Good luck and thanks to all people within this and other forums.

Kind regards,

Edautz
Last edited by edautz on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

claude

Post by claude » Tue May 02, 2017 6:55 am

im have the same problem LCD screen only lights up no writing extruder fan work and board fan works green light on the board is on tryed ardino and new repetier software it all connects with the port i have sent a video and havn,t heard from no one for 3 days not happy please help im dying to print stuff

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue May 02, 2017 2:50 pm

claude wrote:im have the same problem LCD screen only lights up no writing extruder fan work and board fan works green light on the board is on tryed ardino and new repetier software it all connects with the port i have sent a video and havn,t heard from no one for 3 days not happy please help im dying to print stuff
Hi,As to the LCD issue,try to swap the LCD cable with the SD card cable. Make sure they are correct connected.By the way,where is your video?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

hawth725

Post by hawth725 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:59 pm

claude wrote:im have the same problem LCD screen only lights up no writing extruder fan work and board fan works green light on the board is on tryed ardino and new repetier software it all connects with the port i have sent a video and havn,t heard from no one for 3 days not happy please help im dying to print stuff
Make sure that you enable the correct type of LCD display you have. Check your configuration.h file if the LCD display was defined or not. If there's no defined LCD display, you will not get any display at all.

edautz

Post by edautz » Sun May 07, 2017 1:47 am

Compiled the official Marlin 1.1.0-RC8 without any problems, enabled the option manual mesh bed leveling. A very nice feature. Firmware run good on my ctc prusa i3. It fits in the flash of the Atmega1280. Besides the normal config.h changes, I had only change the thermal protection of the bed period from default 20 to 60 in config_adv.h otherwise you got a halted printer when using a bed temperature of 110 degree for ABS printing. Looks like the bed heater isn't the strongest.

Gives more control of the printer than the geeetech stock firmware. I can recommend this firmware.

edautz

Post by edautz » Fri May 19, 2017 6:33 pm

Upgraded the firmware to Marlin 1.1.1 the official release.

Runs fine except a small bug with the manual level bed feature. After starting this that I cannot see anything on the display, turning the Rotary encoder suddenly you see the display text again, also this happens for the first calibration point.

boothbenny25

Post by boothbenny25 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:33 am

do you have to burn the bootloader to be able to flash say 1.1.3 as am new to this and struggling with the bootloader part

thanks for any help

edautz

Post by edautz » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:47 am

If you are not able to upload Marlin with the USB port, and your Arduino IDE setup is correct, then you probaly miss the bootloader. You can find instructions in this forum to burn a bootloader.

Kind regards,

Edautz