* SOLVED * Huge problem with GT2560 board

jfotopoulos

* SOLVED * Huge problem with GT2560 board

Post by jfotopoulos » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:28 am

I bought the Geetech I3 Pro. Build was easy but I have a huge problem connecting to the printer.
1st I tried to connect directly to the gt2560 but I always get the "avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer" whenever I try to upload to the board.
Of course I cant connect to any 3d program. I used 2 PCs Windows 10 & Windows XP. My arduino Duemilanova works fine on both PCs.
2nd I tried to BURN the bootloader on the GT2560 with the Arduino. I folowed the instructions from the forum and when I plugged everything on the Arduino and plugged the USB the Arduino( the COM port) disappeared.
When I removed the 5v wire it showed up again.
So I decided to plug in the power on the GT2560. With the power on everything was OK with the com ports and arduino.
So I tried to burn the bootloader and I got "avrdude: verification error; content mismatch".
After that I get a led blinking on the GT2560 and the Board is dead!(See photos)
I have contacted Geetech to send me another Board because I m sure there is something wrong with it.
Any idea somebody?

Thanks Jason Greece
Attachments
20170320_004721.jpg
20170320_004721.jpg (529.78 KiB) Viewed 20422 times
20170320_004700.jpg
20170320_004700.jpg (476.12 KiB) Viewed 20422 times
Last edited by jfotopoulos on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William
Site Admin

Re: Huge problem with GT2560 board

Post by William » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:03 am

what version is the Ardunio which you upload the firmware by ? it should be v 1.0.1
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

jfotopoulos

Post by jfotopoulos » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:42 pm

Tried 1.0.1 also no luck

jfotopoulos

Post by jfotopoulos » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:28 am

there is no way to make it work I have tried 3 different Arduinos a USBasp programmer...nothing!
The only think is that with the USBasp and avrdudess I connected everything and Avrdudess found the Atmega2560 successfully, and also burned the bootloader successfully.
Then back to the arduino Marlin software excactly the same no upload.
I am thinking maybe there is a problem on the USB chip. Maybe it was faulty from the begining!
I have contacted tech support to send me a new board and got no answer for 5 days now!
Please help!

hawth725

Post by hawth725 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:43 pm

You're not alone. Same problem I had. It started this afternoon when I am trying to access the EEPROM section on the config.h to enable the STORE MEMORY option on the screen. I cannot save the correct values of the steps/mm of the motors on the LCD display. Now, the whole screen goes blank and cannot get in because of that COM error.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:24 pm

hi,you can check this link:viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17102
I think this may help you.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

jfotopoulos

Post by jfotopoulos » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:43 am

William wrote:hi,you can check this link:viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17102
I think this may help you.
Nothing tried everything, also changed the crystal from an old Arduino I had.
NOTHING
The only reasonable thing is a damaged USB chip...so I need a new board!

jfotopoulos

Post by jfotopoulos » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:50 am

hawth725 wrote:You're not alone. Same problem I had. It started this afternoon when I am trying to access the EEPROM section on the config.h to enable the STORE MEMORY option on the screen. I cannot save the correct values of the steps/mm of the motors on the LCD display. Now, the whole screen goes blank and cannot get in because of that COM error.
Sorry to hear that. Is it a new printer? Shouldn't they they send us a new board since its DOA (Dead On Arrival)?

hawth725

Post by hawth725 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:30 am

jfotopoulos wrote:
hawth725 wrote:You're not alone. Same problem I had. It started this afternoon when I am trying to access the EEPROM section on the config.h to enable the STORE MEMORY option on the screen. I cannot save the correct values of the steps/mm of the motors on the LCD display. Now, the whole screen goes blank and cannot get in because of that COM error.
Sorry to hear that. Is it a new printer? Shouldn't they they send us a new board since its DOA (Dead On Arrival)?
My supplier will send a replacement board for me today. I guess it's because i gave them an option on either sending them back the defective board or the whole printer and let them configure it based on what config I want, or provide me their original source code to fix this issue. You might try to negotiate with them. I'ts a firmware issue not hardware. If they can just give us the correct firmware, there will be no issue. It's an open source software and firmware anyway.

jfotopoulos

Post by jfotopoulos » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:15 am

hawth725 wrote:
jfotopoulos wrote:
My supplier will send a replacement board for me today. I guess it's because i gave them an option on either sending them back the defective board or the whole printer and let them configure it based on what config I want, or provide me their original source code to fix this issue. You might try to negotiate with them. I'ts a firmware issue not hardware. If they can just give us the correct firmware, there will be no issue. It's an open source software and firmware anyway.
I am not sure, my problem is that the board doesn't connect to ANY 3d program or Arduino! So I am sure its a hardware problem (Ftdi chip?) I cant upload any firmware to the board!