Z Axis too high at print start after auto home

oxygene2k

Z Axis too high at print start after auto home

Post by oxygene2k » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi @ all!

I have a new Geetech I3 Pro B ... calibrated several times with Auto-Home and adjusting the print table but when I load a G-Code File via SD-Card and start printing the head goes after the heating-procedure almot 8mm too high over the plattform and starts printing. I don't know why ... I tried to set z-axis offset in my Slicer-Software then it almost works but then it will print all layers on the same height ... after finishing a layer the z-axis is not moving up.

Moving the z-axis via lcd-display is working ... all steppers doing fine ... can anyone help?

Thanks a lot!
Juergen

William
Site Admin

Re: Z Axis too high at print start after auto home

Post by William » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:11 pm

oxygene2k wrote:Hi @ all!

I have a new Geetech I3 Pro B ... calibrated several times with Auto-Home and adjusting the print table but when I load a G-Code File via SD-Card and start printing the head goes after the heating-procedure almot 8mm too high over the plattform and starts printing. I don't know why ... I tried to set z-axis offset in my Slicer-Software then it almost works but then it will print all layers on the same height ... after finishing a layer the z-axis is not moving up.

Moving the z-axis via lcd-display is working ... all steppers doing fine ... can anyone help?

Thanks a lot!
Juergen
Hi,Juergen
How about printing an object via Repetier Host?
Did the Z axis encounter some obstacle?
Are you sure your bed was calibrated well?I think you can have a double check on it.
And could you show the issue with a video,maybe we can learn more about it.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

TimHaines

Post by TimHaines » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:44 pm

I have the same issue. I've updated the firmware and calibrated the z-axis using auto home. I've even disabled the stepper motors and moved the head manually at the auto home z-axis height and it prints fine. the issue is the minute you upload the g-code and start printing, either via usb or sd card, the z axis rises up about a 5 millimetres from the calibrated height and starts printing like that. The head doesn't collide with anything, it just seems to think that the calibrated height is way higher than it is.

Gingko
Site Admin

Post by Gingko » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:13 pm

TimHaines wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:44 pm
I have the same issue. I've updated the firmware and calibrated the z-axis using auto home. I've even disabled the stepper motors and moved the head manually at the auto home z-axis height and it prints fine. the issue is the minute you upload the g-code and start printing, either via usb or sd card, the z axis rises up about a 5 millimetres from the calibrated height and starts printing like that. The head doesn't collide with anything, it just seems to think that the calibrated height is way higher than it is.
Have you tried different slicer software such as Cura, Repetier Host or different model files?
If it always performs like this, try to set Z offset with GCode "M851 Z-4", the value is according to your actual situation.